Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:30 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
Yes, I generally like the presence of Christians here.
81.82%
27 81.82%
No, I generally do not and would rather them not be here.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall, do you like Christians being here?
Overall, do you like Christians being here?
Neo's debate thread has sparked several other threads, and the presence of Christians here has been a hot topic of discussion on this site. Some of the things people have said have been interesting and surprising to read. I'd be curious to see where people generally stand.  

I get that a lot of people's response will be "Well, sometimes... but not always... but it depends on who it is..." 

So, don't answer based on the more rare exceptions. Answer as a whole. 

Poll Question: Overall, do you generally like the presence of Christians on this site, or would you rather us not be here?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Overall, do you like Christians being here?
I certainly do. I like hearing the viewpoints of others that vary drastically from my own, or viewpoints that I have in common with theists. I'd say overall the christians here are real swell 90% of the time, and there's just a few that stick out like sore thumb with incoherent rants and nonsensical ad-hominems (though there are atheists here that do that as well).
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I personally don't mind, except a couple of the most noteworthy ones are people I try not to get involved with a conversation in. Their minds are not going to change easily, if at all, and I'm not the one that's going to keep trying to push them until they realize their special book isn't holy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It's usually a plus on any atheist forums. It gives us a chance to hear opposing viewpoints and debate them (and if they have some really poor arguments, an excellent chance to take them down).

And it certainly helps that some of them at least try to be fair, present company very much included.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It far more depends on the person than the belief.

I do disagree with Rev.  I can't remember the last time I heard something original from any believer in anything.  It is like they use stock answers and we've heard them all before.Then they wonder why their explanations don't work as they did in the 8th century!
something like that always works both ways ...
I know that theists like sometimes to have atheists on their forums but of course not everyone ... so probably some of atheists also like to have theists here ... of course not all of them ... Tongue
but it would be a good question also if we like to be here...and why?
Hehe....if we didn't want to be here, and if we didn't like it here, we wouldn't be here, right? Right!!!
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Depends on their motivations, over all and then thread to thread. 

This latest one got old real quick.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Always hoping for a True Christian® to emerge from the herd . . . .

In my opinion, an actual hard core, pious, inerrantiist, literalist, adder handling, poison swilling True Christian could clean this place up well enough Jesus could Last Supper off the floor.

Failing that, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better apologists would be appreciated.

(excepting Mormon apologists, I acknowledge what a hopeless, miserable, heartbreaking task that is, and I'm just not that mean to insist we get one here anymore)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

LOL...no one wants to be the first to vote No.
The poll needs a third option.

3.  Meh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus doesn't like moderate christians purplepurpose 8 433 August 25, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 17980 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  How many here like pineapple pizza? ZenTrashin 20 1066 January 19, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 959 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thanks you being you.... no one 6 576 November 22, 2018 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Overall, do you like me being here? (Parody) Quick 24 2744 May 12, 2018 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Quick
  Overall, do you like atheists being here (parody) The Valkyrie 38 3089 May 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How do you honestly feel about younger people complaining about being old? Foxaèr 30 4950 May 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5931 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1963 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama