Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another question for Christians
Another question for Christians
Why won't God heal amputees?
RE: Another question for Christians
Healing costs big time and from what I hear, that miracle costs an arm and a leg.
I believe in life before death.
God is concentrating with a series of guest appearances on toast and in hard water stains.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 17, 2018 at 9:25 am)Antares Wrote: Healing costs big time and from what I hear, that miracle costs an arm and a leg.

So God can't afford it?

Yeah I see what you mean. How silly of me. It's not like he has unlimited power or anything!
Because god foresaw the amputation (and the punishment?). To correct it would unmake god (or at least one of it's defining qualities).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 17, 2018 at 8:32 am)Hammy Wrote: Why won't God heal amputees?

Why should He?
<insert profound quote here>
(May 17, 2018 at 9:57 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:

Why should He?

Because he's an unfeeling, uncaring and uncompassion being for not doing so when he is capable of doing so? And it's not like it would be any cost to a being of infinite power whatsoever. And it's not like an omnipotent being is incapable. Or that he doesn't know it is happening.

The answers from Christians on this matter is so poor.
(May 17, 2018 at 10:36 am)Hammy Wrote:
(May 17, 2018 at 9:57 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Why should He?

Because he's an unfeeling, uncaring and uncompassion being for not doing so when he is capable of doing so? And it's not like it would be any cost to a being of infinite power whatsoever. And it's not like an omnipotent being is incapable. Or that he doesn't know it is happening.

The answers from Christians on this matter is so poor.

I do not know the inner workings of Providence. I also do not assume to know the full extent of the choices God must make to achieve the best out-comes in both the short and long term. Usually, when someone chooses to do one thing it often requires not doing something else. I wish I could give you a better answer because I would like to know myself.
<insert profound quote here>
Sometimes god makes poor and regrettable choices, to hear the story told...anyway.

Besides, if you heal one amputee then next thing you know it;s a nanny state. Get a job and put your own arm back on, ya fuckin moochers!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

As I said in the other thread. For whatever reason that we cannot know in our extremely limited knowledge and limited view, God has deemed it better to make this a natural world without supernatural divine intervention. The next life will be different.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Genius Level Question BrianSoddingBoru4 8 645 December 4, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yet another reality question! RozKek 41 3802 June 9, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: emjay
  Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video IanHulett 10 2549 August 10, 2015 at 4:16 am
Last Post: abaris
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8696 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17263 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Another PC question Darwinian 7 2372 June 9, 2009 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki
  Another PC question Darwinian 5 1969 May 8, 2009 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki
  Another daft PC question Darwinian 2 1310 March 6, 2009 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Darwinian