Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:35 am

Poll: Options
This poll is closed.
The VR life
100.00%
10 100.00%
Eternal happiness machine
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another reality question!
Yet another reality question!
I'll make it short.

Would you:
1) Live in a vr and be able to do whatever you want but you can't leave or
2) Be hooked up to a machine stimulating your brain so you experience the maximum happines you can experience throughout your whole life. But! In this machine you can't do anything at all, you're just hooked up to it but you're happier than you can ever be. You can't leave this one either.

Please elaborate on why and don't answer with any loopholes and don't overcomplicate things e.g who takes cares of your survival while hooked up etc.
RE: Yet another reality question!
Do we live a standard length of time?
Will we know that we're in a vr?
In which scenario will my farts smell the least disgusting?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Might as well go with the VR where I can do what I want. I can experience maximum happiness if that's what I want, whereas with 2nd option I can't do anything but.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I take option 1. I want to be in control.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The happiness machine is a monstrous device. It will slowly melt your personality until there is nothing left any more.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 8, 2016 at 4:26 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Might as well go with the VR where I can do what I want. I can experience maximum happiness if that's what I want, whereas with 2nd option I can't do anything but.

@All Nono, I stated in option 2 you'll be happier than you can ever be i.e you can't be as happy in option 1
(June 8, 2016 at 4:29 am)robvalue Wrote: I take option 1. I want to be in control.

But does it really matter if you're happier in option 2?

(I'm playing devil's advocate)
(June 8, 2016 at 4:54 am)RozKek Wrote:
(June 8, 2016 at 4:26 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Might as well go with the VR where I can do what I want. I can experience maximum happiness if that's what I want, whereas with 2nd option I can't do anything but.

@All Nono, I stated in option 2 you'll be happier than you can ever be i.e you can't be as happy in option 1

No contradiction there.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(June 8, 2016 at 4:36 am)Alex K Wrote: The happiness machine is a monstrous device. It will slowly melt your personality until there is nothing left any more.

You'll still be happier than ever, right?
(June 8, 2016 at 4:56 am)RozKek Wrote:
(June 8, 2016 at 4:36 am)Alex K Wrote: The happiness machine is a monstrous device. It will slowly melt your personality until there is nothing left any more.

You'll still be happier than ever, right?

Yes. It's the happiness of a drugged out zombie. One might just as well be dead. In a sense, one is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another conspiracy?? Jehanne 8 647 October 14, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 283 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not Yet R.I.P. Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 36 2702 August 8, 2020 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2323 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Genius Level Question BrianSoddingBoru4 8 639 December 4, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2667 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Another question for Christians Edwardo Piet 19 2739 May 24, 2018 at 4:59 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Steve Martin Comedy vs. Religious Reality AFTT47 1 441 February 9, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Succubus
Video My new video: abstract systems versus reality robvalue 2 555 January 15, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Virtual reality girlfriend Macoleco 76 7119 October 17, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger