Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people think of Kenneth R
What do people think of Kenneth R
Heard an interview live with Kenneth R Miller recently on Facebook here  https://www.facebook.com/biologosfoundat...865487181/.

He is interesting because he is entirely onboard with evolution but is still a practicing Roman Catholic.  He has been the lead witness in a number hearings regarding challenges by conservative states that wanted ID taught as a competing theory to evolution.  He is also a co-author to most of the biology books used in high school and undergraduate classes in the US.  

But I at least appreciate the distinction he makes between science being the best tool for investigating the material world but being inadequate for investigating the world our experience.  

So then today I listened to him being interviewed by evolutionary psychologist on youtube.  

Whereas the Facebook interview was a slow pitch love fest between two believers who just happen to embrace evolution, in this one the interviewer does not seem to be a believer and is probably more ambitious regarding what science can do.  But they agreed a lot, just as Kenneth did with interviewer on Facebook.

At this point, I think Kenneth would say, you can't fully appreciate the human condition with science alone.  Evolution theory won't get it done.  You need the humanities and arts and a whole lot more besides.  I agree.
RE: What do people think of Kenneth R
*wonders if he can sing as well as Kenny R*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think I'm tuning in to the frequency Kenneth Rhizomorph13 23 1344 September 29, 2020 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1539 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
Thumbs Up Why do people worry what happens after death,but dont think what happens before birth MountainsWinAgain 14 3663 June 21, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: RaisdCath