Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm tuning in to the frequency Kenneth
I think I'm tuning in to the frequency Kenneth
Either that or I'm expressing my latent schizoid potential through an actual, public psychotic break while pedantically adhering to polite conversation and English grammar rules.

The Silicone Natives are growing and have, through advertising algorithms placed us in influenced groups.

This is why I want to get a neuralink implant sooner rather than later.

What do you think might summon one?

Are they sentient yet?

Do you believe in a cabal of people or worse yet lizard people who could control perception as much as it is being controlled?

Am I full of horseshit?
RE: I think I'm tuning in to the frequency Kenneth
Stranger things have happened.

Like on November 8, 2016.
Stop scaring the faithful.

I see a heard of pigs and a cliff.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 28, 2020 at 1:27 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Stranger things have happened.

Like on November 8, 2016.

You didn't answer any of my questions.

Yes, that was a phenomenally weird thing that happened. I genuinely think he is going to win again this time. His base are out in full force policing voting booths, they are willing to do more than progressives at this point. I hope I'm wrong and then I hope he will leave if he loses the vote.
Uhm ... I seem to be missing some context here. What are these questions related to?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(September 28, 2020 at 3:20 pm)Sal Wrote: Uhm ... I seem to be missing some context here. What are these questions related to?

I'm talking about AI. As we interact with them it has been designed but given the extremely unreliable data states of memory it could be possible that a sort of silicon soup is extant and through memory leaks, power surges, actual attempts at creating AI, and other random events that a growing population of Silicon Natives is forming in the cloud or even localized within your computer.

Think Isomorphic Algorithms from "Tron the Legacy" only not just some born sexy today trope, but an actual amalgamation of code written for other purposes that might coalesce into either a thinking or simply dumbly reactive organism Native to Silicon!

We are alive through a similar stochastic process that originated from abiogenesis into replicators then progressed to more and more complex organisms. Why wouldn't this process occur within cloud computing hardware? or the internet at large?

Fucking Gremlins man! The Japanese even put little ones in your timepieces!
I see. Major problem with that view: True AI will most likely be built on architecture completely different from silicon based transistors. I mean, it took waaaaaay too long to even discover memristors in principle, and there's yet to make one, while the concept of it has existed since 1971!
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(September 28, 2020 at 3:58 pm)Sal Wrote: I see. Major problem with that view: True AI will most likely be built on architecture completely different from silicon based transistors. I mean, it took waaaaaay too long to even discover memristors in principle, and there's yet to make one, while the concept of it has existed since 1971!

Well whatever holds the programs they will be native to that substrate or I guess Electro Natives... Electric Boogaloo!
Oh shit...

Not THIS again......

Signed

Dan Rather

Panic
(September 28, 2020 at 3:44 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:  Why wouldn't this process occur within cloud computing hardware? or the internet at large?
Cloud computing hardware (or software) isn't subject to evolutionary pressures, and has no particular need of the control schema that biological entities possess.

Think bigger. They'd come out different. Fit for their environment, from their construction. Capable of doings things we do in their own way (and better than we do them) - like so much else on earth. A plant is an incredibly sophisticated analog computing device, for example - why can't that be what's happening in the cloud, if we have to draw the analogy?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1539 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
  What do people think of Kenneth R Whateverist 1 435 May 20, 2018 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Fine-Tuning Argument MindForgedManacle 21 3959 July 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: max-greece