Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empathy Quotient
Empathy Quotient
I found this empathy test by the psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen. Take it... if you dare! Tongue

https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/

I took it twice already. The first time I scored 0 out of 80 and the second time I scored 2 out of 80. Gonna take it one more time for good measure.

[Image: s5fusAa.png]

LMAO 3 out of 80. It's going up! Joke lol.

There's some questions I'm unsure on so I give slightly different answers but, as you can see, the vast majority are obvious.

I'd be interested to see what other people score. If they want to take the test Tongue
RE: Empathy Quotient
I got 40

How'd you get 0 though lol, that must have been intentional? 3 seems more realistic. It also says if you score under 30 you're on the autism spectrum disorder.
[Image: 2arckk.jpg][/url]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
You kindhearted motherfucker, you.

(May 22, 2018 at 6:57 am)SaStrike Wrote: I got 40

How'd you get 0 though lol, that must have been intentional?

Nope not at all I just answer all the questions as honestly as possible. I was actually really really surprised to score 0 the first time.

Second time it was 2, third time it was 3.

Quote: 3 seems more realistic. It also says if you score under 30 you're on the autism spectrum disorder.

2 and 3 are very close to 0 lol. A lot of the questions are very borderline for me. It's a mere fluke that I got 0 the first time. In any case I either have zero empathy or very very very low empathy. In the sense tested. We're not talking about compassion, of course, I have a conscience. I just can't feel people's emotions or see the point of view of another person as anything other than correct or incorrect (correct=in agreement with me).

Some people with autism have especially high empathy. Like far more than the average person. Although sometimes those empathetic feelings are so overwhelming they get blocked out.

Also, there's that saying... that if you meet one person with autism you've met one person with autism. It affects everyone differently.

There's many different ways autism can affect a person. Some people with autism, for example, are hypersensitive to their own bodily feelings. Others are hyposensitive. I'm hyposensitive... so I struggle to notice any of my own emotions, and therefore the emotions of others, for the same reason that I struggle to tell whether I'm hungry or thirsty or horny or sleepy (until it becomes blindingly obvious... i.e. I have a very dry mouth or stomach pains or an erection or I find my eyes keep closing).

The sense is called interoception. Here's a video on it:

So, like I said, it can be both hypo and hyper. And even I was, indeed, surprised to score 0 the first time around. There's a couple of questions that I'm borderline on. I am not surprised at all to score very close to 0 as my empathy is pretty poor even by most autistic people's standards (especially for someone high functioning), due to my poor interoception. But I was surprised to score 0. Which is why I retook the test twice more. I'll take it a fourth time right now for good measure, actually. I expect it to be very low again but I have no idea if it will be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 or whatever.

Let's put it this way, even though 30 or lower is considered a sign of autism spectrum disorder I would have been EXTREMELY surprised if I scored as high as 30. So much so that I'd probably doubt the validity of the test at that point lol.

Okay gonna take the test a fourth time. Brb.

EDIT: Oh by the way... to give you an example of some of the borderline questions I struggle with. One of the questions is: "Friendships and relationships are just too difficult, so I tend not to bother with them."

If it means RL friendships and relationships then the answer is "strongly agree" but if it includes purely online friendships and relationships then the answer is "slightly disagree".

Done. I got 2 out of 80 again:

[Image: pAVQKJc.png]
I got a 16!
Took it twice. I'll let you be the judge of which is the correct result.

Quote:Your Empathy Quotient score was 2 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Quote:Your Empathy Quotient score was 78 out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicative of an Autism Spectrum disorder.
(May 22, 2018 at 7:30 am)Kit Wrote: Took it twice.  I'll let you be the judge of which is the correct result.

Quote:Your Empathy Quotient score was 2 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Quote:Your Empathy Quotient score was 78 out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicative of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

My judgement is at least one of the times you took the test you were being very dishonest... as the gap between 2 and 78 is absurdly large.

Either that or you're lying about your results.
30 out of 80. I'm on the fence.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I got 65.
I have always been fascinated how some people, not necessarily those above me, seem to brag about having very little empathy, like as if empathy is a weakness.
And of course I feel sorry for them then, that they don't seem to realise that they are missing the thing that makes us most human.

I think this test is FOS and designed by a tree huggin hippy.

I got a 25.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick The empathy factor J a c k 27 6031 June 9, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus