Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The reason I do not believe in God
The reason I do not believe in God
If God was real, he would not put me through such great suffering. Maybe Satan is real
RE: The reason I do not believe in God
Dimi (that's my name too!), I think you've missed the punchline matey.

Critical thinkers don't believe in woo. Our man God is just as credible as our man Satan! (If you think one is real, why not the other?)
In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say.
Are you making this entirely about YOU and what God did or hasn't done for you?
That's hardly a valid reason for as to why God or Satan or even the boogy man may or may not exist in reality, don't you think?

Welcome to the best forum on the net!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 27, 2018 at 1:40 am)ignoramus Wrote: Are you making this entirely about YOU and what God did or hasn't done for you?
That's hardly a valid reason for as to why God or Satan or even the boogy man may or may not exist in reality, don't you think?

The problem of evil (in this case, the suffering in the OP's life) does rule out the existence of an omnibenevolent god.

Tbh, this was one of the things that led me to atheism as well. As for the suffering in the OP's life, real solutions involving real people (like a therapist) would be likely to help.
Feels like pain sobers up people to the point that they even want to die sooner. And the theories about the existence of God and painful afterlife just adds insult to injury.

It's boils down to simple thought - "What's the point of afterlife if life is misery for the most part?". 

"God will torture you, if you refuse to endure and "work" for him!" doesn't help the case at all because it just fucks with your brain by introducing paranoia brewed by religious Masochists.
Ya don't get to drop a bomb like this without describing the suffering.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2039 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This is the REAL reason Dr H 6 967 July 3, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 970 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  OK, C/L, You're Not Going To Believe This Minimalist 9 1142 September 8, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2811 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Even if you choose not to believe in Spiderman, you’re actually believing in him. AkiraTheViking 23 2773 May 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  #2 Reason to Hate People Who Hate Big Pharma thesummerqueen 47 4515 January 15, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Further reason love this forum Foxaèr 50 6714 August 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  The real reason people are weight-obsessed. Razzle 5 1778 July 12, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Razzle
  The reason my username is futilethewinds My imaginary friend is GOD 8 2637 March 27, 2014 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: ShaMan