Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the REAL reason
This is the REAL reason
why incandescent light bulbs were banned:

https://imgur.com/gallery/13Vbm
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
RE: This is the REAL reason
You know the difference between a lightbulb and a pregnant woman?

You can unscrew the lightbulb.
You put it in the wrong way, Uncle Fester.
(July 2, 2019 at 4:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: You know the difference between a lightbulb and a pregnant woman?

What about bayonet mounted lightbulbs?
A good friend of mine has been an RN longer than me. When he worked in the ER in the eighties he would tell me about the objects people had stuck up their asses and couldn't get out. This was 10 years before the "Seinfeld" "Ass-Man" episode. Among those items was a bust of Beethoven, a bottle of shampoo, and a light bulb. He said the same thing Kramer said in "Ass-Man" "Nobody ever admits they stuck something up their ass. It's always an accident!" (Paraphrasing my friend and Kramer.)
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 2, 2019 at 8:29 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 2, 2019 at 4:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: You know the difference between a lightbulb and a pregnant woman?

What about bayonet mounted lightbulbs?

They don't need un-screwing if they didn't first get screwed....
(July 2, 2019 at 11:33 pm)chimp3 Wrote: A good friend of mine has been an RN longer than me. When he worked in the ER in the eighties he would tell me about the objects people had stuck up their asses and couldn't get out. This was 10 years before the "Seinfeld" "Ass-Man" episode. Among those items was a bust of Beethoven, a bottle of shampoo, and a light bulb. He said the same thing Kramer said in "Ass-Man" "Nobody ever admits they stuck something up their ass. It's always an accident!" (Paraphrasing my friend and Kramer.)

Sometimes, it's not accidental...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKWq-1reVGQ

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 969 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  The reason I do not believe in God dimitrios10 4 479 May 27, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2811 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  #2 Reason to Hate People Who Hate Big Pharma thesummerqueen 47 4510 January 15, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Further reason love this forum Foxaèr 50 6712 August 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  The real reason people are weight-obsessed. Razzle 5 1778 July 12, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Razzle
  The reason my username is futilethewinds My imaginary friend is GOD 8 2636 March 27, 2014 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Why I love the internet, reason 88674 Cyberman 1 1119 August 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Going to the Reason Rally YahwehIsTheWay 18 5112 March 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Visiting America, or "the reason I hate commercial flying". leo-rcc 3 2108 February 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy