Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidently, we're still living in 1974...
Evidently, we're still living in 1974...
... because Trump's doing exactly what Nixon did in 1974 and expecting it to work this time around.

Quote:WASHINGTON — President Trump’s lawyers have for months quietly waged a campaign to keep the special counsel from trying to force him to answer questions in the investigation into whether he obstructed justice, asserting that he cannot be compelled to testify and arguing in a confidential letter that he could not possibly have committed obstruction because he has unfettered authority over all federal investigations.

In a brash assertion of presidential power, the 20-page letter — sent to the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and obtained by The New York Times — contends that the president cannot illegally obstruct any aspect of the investigation into Russia’s election meddling because the Constitution empowers him to, “if he wished, terminate the inquiry, or even exercise his power to pardon.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/02/us/po...&smtyp=cur

If this goes on, I can fully imagine Giuliani (or whoever ends up defending him, due to the alarming turnover in the Trump administration) saying something about Trump being "as powerful a monarch as Louis XIV, only four years at a time, and is not subject to the processes of any court in the land except the court of impeachment." And then he has to explain who Louis XIV even was to Trump. And he might even hedge his bets on the possibility of his being subject to impeachment.

And presumably, nobody seems aware that the last time they tried to pull this, the Supreme Court ruled 8-0 against it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Evidently, we're still living in 1974...
Honestly, the entire fucking American government system is fucking retarded. How do we keep allowing this shit to happen?

We all fucking knew Trump was a bad idea.

Only the electoral college, the fucking idiots sucking the cocks of corporations, decided to place the country in peril.

Sorry for the language, but sometimes it's warranted.
(June 2, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Kit Wrote: Honestly, the entire fucking American government system is fucking retarded. How do we keep allowing this shit to happen?

Only the electoral college, the fucking idiots sucking the cocks of corporations, decided to place the country in peril.

Shit-eating spasticated Mother-Corpse-Fucking Knife-in-Cunt N*gger-lynchers. Trump has earned the right to all the bad language he can get. And somehow, those words don't even come close to an adequate description of how vile the Trump regime is.

(June 3, 2018 at 12:01 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(June 2, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Kit Wrote: Honestly, the entire fucking American government system is fucking retarded.  How do we keep allowing this shit to happen?

Shit-eating spasticated Mother-Corpse-Fucking Knife-in-Cunt N*gger-lynchers. Trump has earned the right to all the bad language he can get. And somehow, those words don't even come close to an adequate description of how vile the Trump regime is.

It might take George Carlin or Dennis Leary to come up with the appropriate words.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(June 3, 2018 at 12:55 am)AFTT47 Wrote: It might take George Carlin or Dennis Leary to come up with the appropriate words.
And Remember, Denis Leary ripped off his best material from Bill Hicks.

(June 3, 2018 at 1:00 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(June 3, 2018 at 12:55 am)AFTT47 Wrote: It might take George Carlin or Dennis Leary to come up with the appropriate words.
And Remember, Denis Leary ripped off his best material from Bill Hicks.

I had never heard of Bill Hicks. Interesting read on Wikipedia.

Death at the age of 32 massively sucks. But God is good. (sarcasm)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I don't think it's 1974. I didn't even exist then, and I'm pretty sure I do now.

(June 3, 2018 at 12:01 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(June 2, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Kit Wrote: Honestly, the entire fucking American government system is fucking retarded. How do we keep allowing this shit to happen?

What's a nagger lyncher?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
You haven't met my wife.
1974 wasn't all bad.  I was four years old and, by all accounts, was so adorable you could eat me up. Num num num.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 3, 2018 at 1:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1974 wasn't all bad.  I was four years old and, by all accounts, was so adorable you could eat me up. Num num num.

Boru

I was a 15-year-old on and after May 27th. So I was a male teen with his head in another reality. I barely remember it and honestly would probably prefer to forget it. Our teen years are definitely not our best ones. There are some glorious memories of sexual conquest but honestly, it fades after a time.

There is a definite disconnect to what I am now from what I was then.

It calls into question the concept of immortality.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4749 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Removing treatment by democratic consensus as default (living wills) Duty 25 1263 October 7, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 6527 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 608 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  And TheTrumptard Will Still Not Care.... Minimalist 8 1061 August 1, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Aroura
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3695 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5094 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Are We Still In Afghanistan? Minimalist 12 3801 June 19, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  The WLB Still Can't Count. Minimalist 1 456 April 30, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Deplorable's are still angry NuclearEnergy 104 12056 March 4, 2017 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Aroura