Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020?
You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020?
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/feel-st...cial-ruin/

Quote:‘I feel so stupid’: Trump supporters ‘tricked by the devil’ now facing financial ruin

Quote:Small business owners who supported Donald Trump are complaining about troubles hiring foreign seasonal labor the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.
The newspaper interviewed multiple landscaping business owners who claim they are unable to hire Americans for the same wages.

Eddie Devine voted for Trump, but worries he may go out of business if he is unable to continue hiring 20 foreign workers a season though the H-2B visa program.
“I feel like I’ve been tricked by the devil,” Devine admitted. “I feel so stupid.”

No "devils" involved moron.  You were tricked by a professional con artist.  Will you learn?
RE: You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020?
I never understood that whole "Mexicans are stealing our jobs" spiel. The Mexicans are simply doing jobs no white 'Murican wants to do to begin with.
They hate Mexicans.  It's all about the hate with these motherfuckers.
(May 12, 2018 at 3:30 pm)Kit Wrote: I never understood that whole "Mexicans are stealing our jobs" spiel. The Mexicans are simply doing jobs no white 'Murican wants to do to begin with.

That's sort of a half truth. There are places where Mexican labor comes in and takes over a construction industry. Hard to say no white people want decent construction jobs. It's not even a racial thing really, you just get a Mexican foreman one place, and he perfers to communicate in Spanish and bam, it's all mexican labor. Also places with no mexicans, say Utah, all the jobs seem to get done.

There is this odd thing with many left wing people, where they are against sending jobs overseas, but fine with illegals coming and doing them here. It seems contradictory to me.

The part that is true though, is that farm labor jobs are not going to get done without immigrants.

Reality is more complicated than some overly repeated phrase like " doing the jobs americans don't want to do" or the inverse "taking our jobs"

Its obviously a mix.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Competition with the record number of folks on SS disability ?

BTW, we've had OSHA for decades, why the ever increasing number of folks on SS disability ??

I know, snarky rhetorical questions . . .

[slips off for a diet tea of recompense]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 12, 2018 at 3:43 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Competition with the record number of folks on SS disability ?

BTW, we've had OSHA for decades, why the ever increasing number of folks on SS disability ??

I know, snarky rhetorical questions . . .

[slips off for a diet tea of recompense]

We have an aging population?
That has never enjoyed such workplace safety protections throughout their careers.

Otta be a plethora of oldsters available for all manner of tasks.

Or did 'something' happen ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 12, 2018 at 3:54 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: That has never enjoyed such workplace safety protections throughout their careers.

Otta be a plethora of oldsters available for all manner of tasks.

Or did 'something' happen ??

Old people get injured and sick and become disabled far easier than younger people. I think the correlation between workplace safety and disability is miniscule compared to the link between age and disability.
I was entertaining the idea OSHA was 'ok' in their efforts and perhaps EPA is the fuck up, for example, dropping the ball on, as it turns out, numerous serious water contamination issues, of which it turns out Flint was neither the first nor the worst . . .

And I'm still of the opinion there should be a strong correlation between employment levels, disability levels, welfare levels and factors affecting them such as OSHA or EPA dropping the ball, whatever administration is charge 'cooking' the numbers, and other matters both minor and major.

I noted on POTUS (Sirius/XM) the other day while unemployment is at a record low, the number of people not actually working remains at comparable levels to the last administration. That can't be right, and yet no one is calling Trumply on it.

The press is donning Teflon gloves to deal with THIS president ??

WTF ?!?!?!?!

In Alabama in 2011 they passed an anti-immigrant bill and here's what happened.

Quote:Alabama immigration: crops rot as workers vanish to avoid crackdown
The day before harsh new laws came into effect, Brian Cash had 65 Hispanic men picking tomatoes. Now he has none
[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/14/alabama-immigration-law-families-trapped][/url]

Quote:Cash gets angry when people tell him that his Hispanic workforce was taking jobs away from Americans. Since the new law began two weeks ago only two American citizens have come by his farm asking for work.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/o...aw-workers

You can keep conning yourself but shithead republicunt legislatures in the south have done it and fucked their own farmers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4627 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5581 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1986 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  JoJo 2020 onlinebiker 3 344 May 30, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 6505 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Andrew Yang 2020 EgoDeath 0 195 February 19, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination? Yonadav 19 2215 January 22, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  My predictions for 2019 & 2020. Jehanne 17 2004 November 13, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  Who do you want to be the Democratic nominee in 2020? CapnAwesome 71 4041 September 14, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  And TheTrumptard Will Still Not Care.... Minimalist 8 1046 August 1, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Aroura