Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hipster's 10 commandments
The Hipster's 10 commandments
It's about time the bible revised itself! (We've now got the "UT". The sealed section of the bible called Ultra New and still unheard of Testament!)
Now we've finally gone from Goat herder's to Goat's milk latte.

Heed the new commandments! or else! ..................... Or else you're just another sheep in the herd! You've been warned!

1. Thou shalt respect the environment (Ride a bike, take a bus, run, walk, or skip your way to the nearest Whole Foods)
2. Thou shalt buy organic
3. Thou shalt only partake in human powered exercise (Yoga, climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and running three blocks with 3 black coffees on a tray is acceptable)
4. Thou shalt always stay ahead of the trends (Move quickly, the Top 40s are catching up)
5. Remember to Instagram everything (How much does a hipster weigh? An Instagram!)
6. Thou shalt re-purpose old marmalade jars as often as possible (Use them to store coins, nails, safety pins, washers, etc)
7. Thou shalt have a taste for the obscure (If I have to tell you why, then you're not a hipster)
8. Thou shalt own the appropriate accessories
[Image: 2brvow.jpg]

9. Thou shalt only shop where not-for-profits can benefit too
10. And finally, thou shalt NEVER conform to labels

[Image: 2brvh4.jpg]

Any others?
(I pinched all this off the net ... All credits go to all the hipsters who sacrificed a latte to make this happen)
Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: The Hipster's 10 commandments
Hipsterism always confused me; I never quite understood it.
Only a hipster would say that! Big Grin (Rule#10 is strong with this one!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thou shalt ironically wear thy knit cap whilst taking up two hours of table space in thy local coffee shop whilst blogging about Big Pharma and nursing the smallest latte on the menu. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Boru, how sure are you that it doesn't take one to know one Dunno

Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 7, 2018 at 7:07 am)ignoramus Wrote: Boru, how sure are you that it doesn't take one to know one Dunno

Big Grin

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can tell a hawk from a handsaw.  👍

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 7, 2018 at 4:33 am)ignoramus Wrote: It's about time the bible revised itself! (We've now got the "UT". The sealed section of the bible called Ultra New and still unheard of Testament!)
Now we've finally gone from Goat herder's to Goat's milk latte.

Heed the new commandments! or else! ..................... Or else you're just another sheep in the herd! You've been warned!

1. Thou shalt respect the environment (Ride a bike, take a bus, run, walk, or skip your way to the nearest Whole Foods)
2. Thou shalt buy organic
3. Thou shalt only partake in human powered exercise (Yoga, climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and running three blocks with 3 black coffees on a tray is acceptable)
4. Thou shalt always stay ahead of the trends (Move quickly, the Top 40s are catching up)
5. Remember to Instagram everything (How much does a hipster weigh? An Instagram!)
6. Thou shalt re-purpose old marmalade jars as often as possible (Use them to store coins, nails, safety pins, washers, etc)
7. Thou shalt have a taste for the obscure (If I have to tell you why, then you're not a hipster)
8. Thou shalt own the appropriate accessories
[Image: 2brvow.jpg]

9. Thou shalt only shop where not-for-profits can benefit too
10. And finally, thou shalt NEVER conform to labels

[Image: 2brvh4.jpg]

Any others?
(I pinched all this off the net ... All credits go to all the hipsters who sacrificed a latte to make this happen)
Big Grin

Portlandia. 😍
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Though shalt let everyone knoweth how concerneth though be-eth for The environment and then proceedeth to talketh in full length of that life-changing trip though tooketh through asia or australia or Europe and which tooketh a forest-fire worth of gas to geteth though there.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
#11: Thou shalt ignore the obvious irony of claiming to hate labels while self-identifying as a hipster and following the accompanying behavior requirements.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I have no idea what a hipster is, but this thread is funny anyway Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Commandments Cyberman 29 2214 August 19, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cod
  10 Commandments? How about 10 Turtley Compulsions. Edwardo Piet 2 464 September 6, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Emo punk mosher hipster indy chav goth paulpablo 18 2562 May 4, 2015 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Hipster BrokenQuill92 1 594 January 7, 2014 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Fruity
  10 Commandments (remake) Oldandeasilyconfused 23 5567 April 27, 2011 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ali G commandments Edwardo Piet 0 1773 October 6, 2008 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet