Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why halal meat???
Why halal meat???
I am giving a task for people here. Can they explain by the context and flow in Quran, why, we eat halal? Smile
RE: Why halal meat???
Because you;re superstitious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
To make it clear, can someone explain what's the wisdom of it per Quran, by the context and flow?
To satisfy superstition.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Easy task really:

Find instances of the verses emphasizing on Halal meat.

See context of the topic (surrounding verses)

See context of that with the Surah.

See context of that with Quran and the message therein and it's philosophy.

Let's see if anyone can do it.
Because you don't know any better?

There is no wisdom in it, only adherence to silly ancient ritual.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 19, 2018 at 9:58 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Because you don't know any better?

So you're not up to the task.
Because Muslims believe that they should only eat meat that was intended for consumption. So, I guess you wouldn't eat animals that were killed in other ways, not intended specifically for eating? Like if you stumbled upon two dead deer in the woods, you wouldn't be permitted to eat their meat because they weren't slaughtered in the ''proper'' way, is my best guess.

Some of this would seem like common sense from a sanitary perspective, like a lot of ancient Biblical food ''laws.''
(June 19, 2018 at 10:04 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Because Muslims believe that they should only eat meat that was intended for consumption. So, I guess you wouldn't eat animals that were killed in other ways, not intended specifically for eating? Like if you stumbled upon two dead deer in the woods, you wouldn't be permitted to eat their meat because they weren't slaughtered in the ''proper'' way, is my best guess.

Some of this would seem like common sense from a sanitary perspective, like a lot of ancient Biblical food ''laws.''

6th Surah, 5th Surah, see the context and the subjects therein. Who cares what Muslims or I believe.
(June 19, 2018 at 9:58 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 9:58 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Because you don't know any better?

So you're not up to the task.

You're correct, I'll not take part in silliness. 

You can eat a donkey but not a pet donkey?!?!?!?!?!?!

See more of the silliness here: http://www.islamic-web.com/halal-haram/l...d-animals/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black pudding is Halal, apparently Napoléon 44 11716 May 19, 2015 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Pork Is Actually Halal...Sort Of....Maybe? ReptilianPeon 8 3335 March 7, 2015 at 8:57 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Halal meat: is it truly better for you? Gooders1002 27 7710 January 6, 2013 at 12:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Why is halal legal? Napoléon 121 40099 July 11, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Napoléon