Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melania visits kids taken from their parents?
Melania visits kids taken from their parents?
In a very weak bullshit attempt to paint her husband as Oscar Shindler and Chiune Sugihara , she showed up to a location that took in kids of detainees.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/politics/...index.html

Pro tip Melania, when you are genuine and really care, it never gets to the point you are now having to back peddle to protect your jackass husband.
RE: Melania visits kids taken from their parents?
First she publicly opposed the process, and now she's visiting the kids? We must stop this monster!
When you're in a position to do something, and then do nothing but some lame publicity stunt, sorry but you get zero credit bitch.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
What else is she supposed to do? She released a statement opposing the separation of children from their parents, news reports indicate that she made her concerns known to her husband in private, and she went to the border to see for herself. As far as I'm concerned, she is the only person in the White House who conducted herself with any compassion or dignity throughout this whole sorry, shameful mess. It's not as if Melania is a policy advisor in the West Wing (unlike certain other family members with children I might name).

My only criticism of her handling of this issue would arise if it turned out she knew of the policy before news of it broke nationwide, and she didn't say a word in opposition to it.
(June 21, 2018 at 2:29 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: What else is she supposed to do? She released a statement opposing the separation of children from their parents, news reports indicate that she made her concerns known to her husband in private, and she went to the border to see for herself. As far as I'm concerned, she is the only person in the White House who conducted herself with any compassion or dignity throughout this whole sorry, shameful mess. It's not as if Melania is a policy advisor in the West Wing (unlike certain other family members with children I might name).

My only criticism of her handling of this issue would arise if it turned out she knew of the policy before news of it broke nationwide, and she didn't say a word in opposition to it.

She's unduly receiving a bad rep due to her association with her husband. It cannot be easy for her to be stuck between wanting to do what she knows is best while also keeping up the dutiful image of backing her husband's decisions. People picking on Melania are no better than when they picked on the minor Trump boy. The person who deserves our wrath is 45 himself.
(June 21, 2018 at 2:29 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: What else is she supposed to do? She released a statement opposing the separation of children from their parents, news reports indicate that she made her concerns known to her husband in private, and she went to the border to see for herself. As far as I'm concerned, she is the only person in the White House who conducted herself with any compassion or dignity throughout this whole sorry, shameful mess. It's not as if Melania is a policy advisor in the West Wing (unlike certain other family members with children I might name).

The skeptic in me wonders about this from the opposing side.  We just got the IG report that put the FBI in a really unflattering light and the NK summit, and that's when people 'discover' what's been happening for the last year.  I don't expect Melania to know the details of everything happening in government.  But the half of government that's done nothing for the last 2 years other than finding things they don't like about Trump not knowing about it until this specific news cycle...
(June 21, 2018 at 2:54 pm)henryp Wrote: The skeptic in me wonders about this from the opposing side.  We just got the IG report that put the FBI in a really unflattering light and the NK summit, and that's when people 'discover' what's been happening for the last year.  I don't expect Melania to know the details of everything happening in government.  But the half of government that's done nothing for the last 2 years other than finding things they don't like about Trump not knowing about it until this specific news cycle...

We don't have to "find things we don't like about Trump" he shouts his nastiness to world in a way you cant avoid.
He dominates the news cycle distracting people with his awfulness, normalising terrible things.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 21, 2018 at 2:54 pm)henryp Wrote: We just got the IG report that put the FBI in a really unflattering light and the NK summit, and that's when people 'discover' what's been happening for the last year.

This wasn't happening for the last year. It started last month: https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attor...nt-actions

That's the transcript of a speech AG Sessions gave, where he announced the new policy:

Quote:I have put in place a “zero tolerance” policy for illegal entry on our Southwest border. If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you. It’s that simple.

If you smuggle illegal aliens across our border, then we will prosecute you.

If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law.

Then, not much happened for a month. Reuters eventually discovered that children were actually being separated from their parents, and reported on it on June 8: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-i...SKCN1J42UE

So in actual fact, it went "unnoticed" for about a month, though it's hard to say whether the policy was being enforced during that month.
(June 21, 2018 at 3:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(June 21, 2018 at 2:54 pm)henryp Wrote: We just got the IG report that put the FBI in a really unflattering light and the NK summit, and that's when people 'discover' what's been happening for the last year.

This wasn't happening for the last year. It started last month: https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attor...nt-actions

That's the transcript of a speech AG Sessions gave, where he announced the new policy:

Quote:I have put in place a “zero tolerance” policy for illegal entry on our Southwest border.  If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you.  It’s that simple.

If you smuggle illegal aliens across our border, then we will prosecute you.

If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law.

Then, not much happened for a month. Reuters eventually discovered that children were actually being separated from their parents, and reported on it on June 8: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-i...SKCN1J42UE

So in actual fact, it went "unnoticed" for about a month, though it's hard to say whether the policy was being enforced during that month.

Huh.  Not sure why I thought it's been longer. Obviously, that solves the mystery of why they didn't bring it up last year!
Maybe it was all that "the democrats gave us this law, obama did it, we inherited this problem" messaging?  Kindof makes it sound like it;s been happening longer.,.but, nope, it only took 6 weeks for the administration to pull off this little gem and post those beautiful stats.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Principal forced to resign over Michelangelo's David visits sculpture zebo-the-fat 11 874 April 30, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1357 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 471 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7345 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  regarding COPPA, is the FTC overreaching their authority here? Cepheus Ace 7 688 November 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1198 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 632 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss Foxaèr 14 1704 November 13, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I am so so so jealous, oh ma gosh. Melania Trump honors Africans with a visit WinterHold 5 651 November 7, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12107 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods