Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wikileaks news
Wikileaks news
1. Julian Assange is currently the top candidate for Time Magazines "Person of the year" as voted by the readership. Even when only paid subscriptions are taken into account (which is what Time colud be pressured into doing) Assange is still the most popular...

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packag...37,00.html

2. It now seems that the IP addresses and name resolution for hundreds of wikileaks mirrors are being prioritized by search engines Smile Google is rumored to be updating wikileaks records more frequently than those of resources in it's own domains - Taking wikileaks offline just became that much more impossible.

3. China is having it's own peace prize to spite the Nobel award going to an imprisoned Chinese national, and there is a lot of support for Assange to win this award to spite the US. I'm not sure if he'd be happy about that with China being a human rights disaster and all...

RE: Wikileaks news
The chance of china awarding a prize to a champion of government transparency is approximately equal to the chance of genesis being true.
The suggestion was from a state media official in China, obviously suggested to piss off the USA, I just thought it was interesting Smile

I just checked and it appears I missed the announcement Smile It went to a General involved in Tienanmen.

Bravo china, you scary enormous cunt of a nation.

*UPDATE*

It gets worse... The prize was awarded by a U.N. Undersecretary General for Economic and Social Affairs...
Daniel Ellsberg praises Wikileaks.

Quote:Ellsberg strongly rejects the mantra "Pentagon Papers good; WikiLeaks material bad." "That's just a cover for people who don't want to admit that they oppose any and all exposure of even the most misguided, secretive foreign policy. The truth is that EVERY attack now made on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange was made against me and the release of the Pentagon Papers at the time."
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
WikiLeaks: Texas Company Helped Pimp Little Boys To Stoned Afghan Cops

Quote:Since this is Afghanistan, you probably already knew this wasn't a kegger. Instead, this DynCorp soiree was a bacha bazi ("boy-play") party, much like the ones uncovered earlier this year by Frontline.

For those that can't or won't click the link, bacha bazi is a pre-Islamic Afghan tradition that was banned by the Taliban. Bacha boys are eight- to 15-years-old. They put on make-up, tie bells to their feet and slip into scanty women's clothing, and then, to the whine of a harmonium and wailing vocals, they dance seductively to smoky roomfuls of leering older men.

After the show is over, their services are auctioned off to the highest bidder, who will sometimes purchase a boy outright. And by services, we mean anal sex: The State Department has called bacha bazi a "widespread, culturally accepted form of male rape." (While it may be culturally accepted, it violates both Sharia law and Afghan civil code.)

Evil & for once not Islam's fault!
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Last I read Anonymous wanted to hack Amazon but couldn't raise enough computers to do so. They are encouraging people to download their hacking software, personally I wouldn't do it. The Iraq War whistleblower Coleen Rowley, a former special agent/legal counsel at the FBI's Minneapolis division says WikiLeaks could have prevented the Iraq War.

Overall

http://www.rawstory.com

is staying on stop of WikiEvents!
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
(December 9, 2010 at 2:38 pm)lilyannerose Wrote: Last I read Anonymous wanted to hack Amazon but couldn't raise enough computers to do so. They are encouraging people to download their hacking software, personally I wouldn't do it. The Iraq War whistleblower Coleen Rowley, a former special agent/legal counsel at the FBI's Minneapolis division says WikiLeaks could have prevented the Iraq War.

Overall

http://www.rawstory.com

is staying on stop of WikiEvents!

What did we know about the Iraq WMD program? We didn't have humintel to inform us. We had Saddam making threats to use what he had used before. How is Rowley's career working out now?
(December 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm)Mishka Wrote: What did we know about the Iraq WMD program? We didn't have humintel to inform us.

We had Hans Blix, the UN's WMD inspector saying that they didn't have WMD.

(December 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm)Mishka Wrote: How is Rowley's career working out now?

Just fine, really.
Quote:Rowley testified in front of the Senate and for the 9/11 Commission about the FBI's internal organization and mishandling of information related to the September 11, 2001, attacks. Mueller and Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) pushed for and got a major reorganization, focused on creation of the new Office of Intelligence at the FBI. This reorganization was supported with a significant expansion of FBI personnel with counterterrorism and language skills.[citation needed]

Rowley retired from the FBI in 2004 after 24 years with the agency. She jointly held the TIME "Person of the Year" award in 2002 with two other women credited as whistleblowers: Sherron Watkins from Enron and Cynthia Cooper of WorldCom. She also received the Sam Adams Award for 2002.[citation needed]
(December 9, 2010 at 4:54 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(December 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm)Mishka Wrote: What did we know about the Iraq WMD program? We didn't have humintel to inform us.

We had Hans Blix, the UN's WMD inspector saying that they didn't have WMD.

(December 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm)Mishka Wrote: How is Rowley's career working out now?

Just fine, really.
Quote:Rowley testified in front of the Senate and for the 9/11 Commission about the FBI's internal organization and mishandling of information related to the September 11, 2001, attacks. Mueller and Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) pushed for and got a major reorganization, focused on creation of the new Office of Intelligence at the FBI. This reorganization was supported with a significant expansion of FBI personnel with counterterrorism and language skills.[citation needed]

Rowley retired from the FBI in 2004 after 24 years with the agency. She jointly held the TIME "Person of the Year" award in 2002 with two other women credited as whistleblowers: Sherron Watkins from Enron and Cynthia Cooper of WorldCom. She also received the Sam Adams Award for 2002.[citation needed]

We had taps of Iraqi communications between military units about moving material in advance of inspector visits. How does Rowley, who hasn't been an agent for 6 years, figure into the Iraq war scheme of things? Her participation was of the so called 20th hijacker captured and how the FBI wouldn't search his computer till after 9/11 occurred? Where was she ever involved in the foreign intel concerning Iraq?
(December 9, 2010 at 5:07 am)theVOID Wrote: The suggestion was from a state media official in China, obviously suggested to piss off the USA, I just thought it was interesting Smile

I just checked and it appears I missed the announcement Smile It went to a General involved in Tienanmen.

Bravo china, you scary enormous cunt of a nation.

*UPDATE*

It gets worse... The prize was awarded by a U.N. Undersecretary General for Economic and Social Affairs...

It actually appears to have been awarded to a politician from Taiwan who was in favor of china. But that politician did not show up to accept the award.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WikiLeaks publishes searchable database of almost 20,000 emails from DNC. Tiberius 202 19160 July 29, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 638 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Stratfor E-mails Wikileaks paintpooper 44 13187 March 1, 2012 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What ever happened to that Wikileaks anti-BoA material? Autumnlicious 2 1341 January 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  WikiLeaks: Saudi Royal Welfare Program Revealed HeyItsZeus 10 4829 March 1, 2011 at 9:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Wikileaks and the USA diplomatic cables Ashendant 75 19133 December 11, 2010 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Wikileaks - For or Against? theVOID 14 4666 December 9, 2010 at 10:02 am
Last Post: lilyannerose