Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Christ and Marvel
Jesus Christ and Marvel
It's time to write Comics about Jesus Christ. Would you like to read this?
There are about Torah, Osiris and Zeus. Marvel.
Now I'm downloading Dr. Strange's film on Marvel. On the Orthodox site, they wrote that this is an anti-Christian film because it promotes the material world without life after death.
After the release of Thor, the Scandinavian pagans were offended, because the plot was invented for their god. And some said that this film as a sermon will cause interest in their religion.
RE: Jesus Christ and Marvel
You want "Chick tracts".
(July 12, 2018 at 7:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You want "Chick tracts".

I would like a screen version with the adventures of Jesus Christ. Not the gospel story, but as a film Thor. With the continuations.
How would the comic portray the Last Supper when Inerrant Scriptures note Jesus doling out the bread first then the wine, AND Jesus doling out the wine first then the bread ???
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hey, the canon is inerrant!
So there WERE 2 Last Suppers !!!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You could make an awesome parody movie out of Chick Tracts....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 12, 2018 at 11:04 am)vorlon13 Wrote: How would the comic portray the Last Supper when Inerrant Scriptures note Jesus doling out the bread first then the wine, AND Jesus doling out the wine first then the bread ???

It could be done in the style of Rashomon, with the added bonus that many of the lines from that film could just be stolen, re-worked a bit, and applied near the end. To wit:

-- [Commoner]: If men lie in this world, what makes you so sure they'll be honest in the next?

-- [Commoner]: No one tells a lie after he's said he's going to tell one.

-- [Commoner]: We all want to forget something, so we tell stories. It's easier that way.

-- [Woodcutter]: I'm the one who should be ashamed. I don't understand my own soul.

-- [Priest]: Dead men tell no lies.

-- [Commoner]: But is there anyone who's really good? Maybe goodness is just make-believe.
   [Priest]: What a frightening . . .
   [Commoner]: Man just wants to forget the bad stuff and believe in the made-up good stuff. It's easier that way.

-- [Priest]: If men don't trust each other, this earth might as well be hell.
   [Commoner]: Right. The world's a kind of hell.
   [Priest]: No! I don't want to believe that!
   [Commoner]: No one will hear you, no matter how loud you shout. Just think. Which one of these stories to you believe?
   [Woodcutter]: None makes any sense.
   [Commoner]: Don't worry about it. It isn't as if men were reasonable.

-- [Priest]: A man's been murdered.
   [Commoner]: So what? Only one? Why, up on top of this gate, there's always five or six bodies. No one worries about them

-- [Commoner]: Well, men are only men. That's why they lie. They can't tell the truth, even to themselves.
   [Priest]: That may be true. Because men are weak, they lie to deceive themselves.
   [Commoner]: Not another sermon! I don't mind a lie if it's interesting.

I"d rather read a book of short adventures of a Swede.

"Sven Svenson drives a Volvo and listens to ABBA"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10418 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2481 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1027 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  [Serious] For former Christians, what was it like to "know" Christ? GrandizerII 30 3872 March 14, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Jesus Christ in comparative mythology orangedude 2 1185 October 9, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  CHRIST THE LORD Jesus Christ IS THE LORD 115 12308 August 1, 2015 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Objective evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ? Delysid 142 31967 April 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam