Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA?
Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA?
The "Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance" has a fascinating clickable map (and list) regarding women in "Women in Parliament". Before we get into the crux of this post some other quick and fascinating facts (the links open to the respective country's page):

1. I found out that in spite of having no quotas or reserved seats, Cuba has the third highest number of women in their parliament in the world at 48.9%, so it gets a special mention.
2.Only Bolivia (53.1%) and Rwanda (63.8%) have a higher percentage of women than Cuba, which also makes them the only two countries to have more women elected than men.
3. Qatar and Vanuatu have the joint lowest number of women in their parliament with 0% being women.
4. Greenland have also been given a figure of 0% but then it's not independent country...

The figure the Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance gives for the United States is 19.3% " women in parliament". Now for the fun part...

RE: Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA?
The USA has exactly Zero women in Parliament.

Why, you ask?

/thread
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 13, 2018 at 5:07 pm)Joods Wrote: The USA has exactly Zero women in Parliament.

Why, you ask?

/thread

That's their terminology not mine. When they say "parliament" I assume they mean "government" (countries have lots of different names for the "governments"). I think they are just trying to keep things simple by using the word "parliament" everywhere.

That's also why I put it in quotes in the title.

(July 13, 2018 at 5:07 pm)Joods Wrote: The USA has exactly Zero women in Parliament.

Why, you ask?

/thread

I was thinking the same thing.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Facetious. I was being facetious. Hence the /thread part.

*walks away now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
My guess is that Themyscira has the highest percentage. 
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Why, you ask?

/thread

Yes, the USA have a parliament, they just picked the wrong word for it. Our parliament is 38% female, but we should get bonus points for having a female prime minister who's greatest accomplishment to date is not being Theresa May

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Why, you ask?

/thread

When I look at the republicunts I don't think we have any men, either.  Just shitheads after the display they put on yesterday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 333 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  You Have Less than One Year ZoomerTrumper 4 404 February 26, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1003 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So about the Voice to Parliament (Australia) GrandizerII 7 980 October 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1175 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Some Iranian commanded Attack to USA . AVMXF 47 2541 August 25, 2023 at 6:23 pm
  Sovereign citizen - more Loony Tunes in the USA Ferrocyanide 20 1993 March 20, 2023 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Yellow alert: warning USA in danger Eclectic 105 8023 November 25, 2022 at 6:58 pm
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 934 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU