Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told....
Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told....
The science is in, and God is not the answer

Quote:Why, then, do people keep saying that religion is good for your health? Well, the reason the non-religious are healthier is because they also better educated and wealthy – the kinds of people who take care of themselves. It’s only if you statistically control for this that religious believers are more healthy than the non-religious.

But an analysis of nearly 60 different studies found that this is entirely to do with attending religious services. There is no connection between the intrinsic aspects of religion (belief in a god concept, religious/spiritual well-being, religious/spiritual experience, and religious motivation/orientation) and health.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told....
I already knew they weren't mentally healthy, because they believe in something that doesn't exist.
Right, god's gonna do you for that one. Can you feel the pustules yet?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 22, 2018 at 7:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Right, god's gonna do you for that one. Can you feel the pustules yet?

According to science, they're called pimples.  And I have medicine for that, except for the occasional blind one that pops up on my nose.
Quote:Why, then, do people keep saying that religion is good for your health?

Because basically they are stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet Agnostic1 50 3184 December 30, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  I've Been MIRACLED!!! brokefree 1 769 June 9, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1523 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Health class christian teacher..... brewer 7 745 March 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: no one
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23721 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10144 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1832 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 783 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 6948 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The obsession with exactly two levels robvalue 12 1431 September 17, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie