Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really happy right now.
Really happy right now.
RC-BOMB, the off-road RC model car racing club I helped its foundation of, has gotten together for the first time in our own location. Since March of this year we've been racing on the private track of one of our members, which is a nice track and we are grateful he let us use it, but with over 60 members and roughly an equal amount of RC cars it was getting too cramped.

Now, with the aid of the city council and support of our sponsor, we've signed a lease for indefinite time on an old football (that is soccer for Americans) field which we can convert to one of the largest off-road model race tracks in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Google streetview link to the location

I'm really pleased that 8 months of hard work is paying off. January and February our club will be building up the track, and in March we want to hold our grand opening and first race.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Really happy right now.
Sounds hyper-cool Great I'm very happy for you as well Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Nice one Leo! Try not to upset the neighbours! Smile
I'm sure fr0d0's laws are lovely if things go wrong with the football field Smile
Of course we have looked at the noise factor for the area, as it is also part of our permit plan. We have open fields on three sides, so no neighbours to contend with there. Across the street are houses, but they are part of the busiest street of Bergen op Zoom so I doubt they'll hear us above the regular traffic noise. For the moment however we will not allow bigscale racing, just nitro and electric 1:8 scale or smaller. That will stop most noise pollution from day one.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64264 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1141 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What are you cooking/eating right now? Joods 1249 75219 December 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Fartbook is really ticking me off right now. Brian37 0 599 November 16, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Putin is hands down the best president right now ErGingerbreadMandude 22 3802 October 5, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2750 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12639 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are you reading right now? Excited Penguin 4 1314 October 25, 2016 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Where Are You Going Right Now? Edwardo Piet 20 2245 February 1, 2016 at 10:16 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Do you think that "The Amazing Randy" is burning in hell right now? TeaPartyTeen 30 4539 January 2, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: robvalue