Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are mentalists fake?
Are mentalists fake?
Lior Suchard. Is one of those mentalists that does really impossible things like predicting what word people will choose from the newspaper by writing it on a paper beforehand. How the f does he do it? He can't pay every news cast and celebs to fake the act.

RE: Are mentalists fake?
If you mean do they have powers? No, of course, their fake.

Metalism is by far the easiest of magics genres. It's 90% performance and about 10%actual trick
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(July 28, 2018 at 1:14 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: If you mean do they have powers? No, of course, their fake.

Metalism is by far the easiest of magics genres. It's 90% performance and about 10%actual trick

Lior Suchard, predicts what will people will draw on their boards by drawing the same thing before them. How? There is no way that he can read it of peoples body language or somehow non verbally implant that idea. It sounds crazy.
(July 28, 2018 at 1:18 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 28, 2018 at 1:14 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: If you mean do they have powers? No, of course, their fake.

Lior Suchard, predicts what will people will draw on their boards by drawing the same thing before them. How? There is no way that he can read it of peoples body language or somehow non verbally implant that idea. It sounds crazy.

You make a lot of assumptions about when and what he's drawing.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(July 28, 2018 at 2:38 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(July 28, 2018 at 1:18 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Lior Suchard, predicts what will people will draw on their boards by drawing the same thing before them. How? There is no way that he can read it of peoples body language or somehow non verbally implant that idea. It sounds crazy.

You make a lot of assumptions about when and what he's drawing.

Just check out his popular videos and see for yourself and be more specific when you say that I didn't notice his tricks.
(July 28, 2018 at 2:43 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 28, 2018 at 2:38 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: You make a lot of assumptions about when and what he's drawing.

Just check out his popular videos and see for yourself and be more specific when you say that I didn't notice his tricks.

You should watch The Amazing Randi. Or Fool Us (There are mentalists on there who admit they are just magicians, not claiming powers).

ALL mentalism is fake, just tricks.  Just because you (I should say we, because I don't know how it's done either) don't understand how the trick is done does not make it a real power. That's part of being a good magician, making up a great trick and keeping it a secret!

But I promise you some other magician or mentalist somewhere knows how it is done, and can replicate it, and will honestly tell you it's a trick.

Oh, what I was going to say is that James Randi offered a Million dollars to anyone who could demonstrate real powers under controlled lab conditions.
Why hasn't this fellow gone and claimed his easy million if he's got real powers?

The answer: because he hasn't got any real powers, and he knows his trick(s) will be discovered under lab testing conditions.

Here, check out a debunking video from the famous Mentalists himself:

“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
When I was 15, I watched a stage magician swallow a live cat (at the end of the act, the cat reappeared in perfect health).  To this day, I can't work out how he did it.  This doesn't prompt me to ask the question, 'Are stage magicians fake?'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2018 at 12:54 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Lior Suchard. Is one of those mentalists that does really impossible things like predicting what word people will choose from the newspaper by writing it on a paper beforehand. How the f does he do it? He can't pay every news cast and celebs to fake the act.

Sandi Toksvig did this trick on QI then went on to explain the history of the trick, (but not how to do it). I cant seem to find the clip.

But the answer is this is a magicians trick, a clever one that I have no idea how its done, but a trick none the less.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 28, 2018 at 4:44 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(July 28, 2018 at 12:54 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Lior Suchard. Is one of those mentalists that does really impossible things like predicting what word people will choose from the newspaper by writing it on a paper beforehand. How the f does he do it? He can't pay every news cast and celebs to fake the act.

Sandi Toksvig did this trick on QI then went on to explain the history of the trick, (but not how to do it). I cant seem to find the clip.

But the answer is this is a magicians trick, a clever one that I have no idea how its done, but a trick none the less.

James Randi does those kind of mentalist tricks on camera himself and he doesn't reveal how it's done either.
(July 28, 2018 at 5:17 am)purplepurpose Wrote: James Randi does those kind of mentalist tricks on camera himself and he doesn't reveal how it's done either.

James Randi and pretty much every decent magician openly admit they're doing tricks. Do you believe they have secret magical powers, but use them for parlor tricks? LOL. You really are gullible.

Just because you can't figure out how something is done doesn't mean magic is real. It just means that your opinion of your own knowledge, intelligence and perception is somewhat unrealistic.

Personally, I could hardly care less, how exactly those tricks are done, especially that mentalism is f*cking boring. It's enough to know that if anyone had actual mind-reading, or future-predicting powers, they could use them in much more lucrative and discreet ways, than amusing James Corden. Rolleyes
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1549 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Is this fake? purplepurpose 9 796 November 11, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fake News: All the news that fits. Gawdzilla Sama 0 426 October 10, 2017 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4129 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If you acept this as fake. Brian37 9 1707 October 10, 2013 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports,Driver's License,ID Cards,Resident Permits johnferrez1 2 1202 August 8, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Einstein's Fake Story musicality 13 10248 April 18, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Scam Baiting Dressup - Real or Fake? Tiberius 13 5233 October 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Mr Tambourine Man