Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Magnum PI, Higgens is female.
New Magnum PI, Higgens is female.
I hate Tom Selleck's conservatism. But I always loved the original show.

The one thing I hope they continue, that I loved about the original, is the fight between Higgens, the ground's keeper and WW2 vet, this time a female MI6 agent. I want to see all the petty fights between them, and especially Zues and Apollo chasing Magnum.

I also hope, and actually this makes me cry. My friend Bob, from Australia always had these long winded stories about his travels, all be it true, and when I met him, I couldn't help but think of Higgens.

I will give the new version a chance. If TC bitches about Magnum taking advantage of his Helicopter business, and Rick brags about his underworld connections and Higgins tells long winded stories and punishes Magnum with restrictions and chases him with the dogs.

Dear CBS, I am not beyond a remake, just do the original a service. Especially with Higgens, he/now she, reminds me of my late best friend Bob. Bob didn't serve in the military, but did travel a ton. And he'd go on forever while I listened. I love Bob and I miss him soooooo much.

RE: New Magnum PI, Higgens is female.
I hate the death of even low grade creativity and the acceptance of formulation solipsistic tweeking of tired old tripe masquerading as creativity.
(August 3, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I hate the death of even low grade creativity and the acceptance of formulation solipsistic tweeking of tired old tripe masquerading as creativity.

Well come on. There really is nothing new under the son. 

WWE is really a cheap version of ancient Greek tragedies.

It still amounts to good vs evil and valuing friendship. How many times can you re invent a moral that has existed forever?

It is the same with music. I actually am more fond of Pat Benatar's version of Helter Skelter than the Beatles original version.

I am not claiming I will like the new one. But I did love the old one. If they can compete with the old chemistry it should do well. If they don't they dont, and I wont continue to watch it.

It still remains that the old dynamics got to me. A white guy mooching of a rich guy, mooching of his black friend, and being dictated to and forced to bargain with the head of the house. Magnum as a character represented a white male not always having control over everything.
Magnum P.I. was a star vehicle for Selleck. I don't see that kind of lightning striking twice.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 3, 2018 at 2:23 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Magnum P.I. was a star vehicle for Selleck.  I don't see that kind of lightning striking twice.

I liked the New Hawaii Five O up and until they fucked over the Asian actors. Some CGI crap got to me, but when they stuck to more realistic stuff, it was just as good.

It is extremely hard to replicate lightening. But, younger generations were not alive then, and technology has changed, it very well could appeal to a new generation beyond old fogie's tastes.

AGAIN, I am going to give it a chance, knowing times have changed, but like I said, if there isn't the infighting between friends like the old one, I will not stick to it.

I loved how Magnum and Rick and TC and Higgens always bugged the fuck out of each other, but always had each other's back.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, here is another show I loved growing up.  A free lifetime supply of pocket lint(disclamer: Not applicable on planet earth) to anyone who can name the BRIDGE in the opening credits, a bridge I have actually been on.

Yeah, I liked Simon & Simon as well. Can't help you with the name of the bridge. I have no clue.
(August 3, 2018 at 2:58 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Yeah, I liked Simon & Simon as well.  Can't help you with the name of the bridge.  I have no clue.

Simple google search of San Diego bridges should fix that. Give you a clue, it has the same name as the island it goes from the mainland to.
That would be cheating.
(August 3, 2018 at 3:11 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: That would be cheating.

Yea, if you were daring the Russians to help you, I'd call the FBI, but since this is for shits and giggles, go for it. And I did make my disclaimer, so unless you live on another planet, the pocket lint is just like any other fine print in any other nonsense commercial.
(August 3, 2018 at 3:11 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: That would be cheating.

The Coronado bridge, named after Coronado Island. An Island just off the coast of San Diego.

Here is a full episode of the original series.

I swear, I just like Universal fucked over ABBA fans, for fucks sake, Magnum pi the original series is older than evolution itself. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

I can understand the copyright on the new one, but please....... 

Here is a full episode of the original series.

SON OF A BITCH, it was in french!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unrealistic images of female rock stars. Brian37 13 932 October 5, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Higgins/Magnum PI and my mom...... Brian37 8 325 November 29, 2018 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Brian37