Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameless, Even By Trump's Standards
Shameless, Even By Trump's Standards
The President, in apparent full panic mode, has set a new low in pandering to Christians:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartanntp

From the article:

"This November 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment. It's a referendum on so much," Trump told the assemblage of pastors and other Christian leaders gathered in the State Dining Room, according to a recording from people in the room.

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence," Trump said, describing what would happen should his voters fail to cast ballots. "The level of hatred, the level of anger is very unbelievable."

Also:

"I just ask you to go out and make sure all of your people vote. Because if they don't -- it's November 6 -- if they don't vote, we're going to have a miserable two years and we're going to have, frankly, a very hard period of time," he said.

"You're one election away from losing everything that you've gotten," he added. "Little thing: Merry Christmas, right? You couldn't say 'Merry Christmas.' "

What a steaming pile of shit -- the message, the messenger, and the intended audience. I loathe Trump with the intensity of a thousand suns.
RE: Shameless, Even By Trump's Standards
From the article:

Quote:"This November 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment.

On your religion. Hmmm. I do believe this is a rare moment of honesty for Trump.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(August 28, 2018 at 8:53 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: From the article:

Quote:"This November 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment.

On your religion. Hmmm. I do believe this is a rare moment of honesty for Trump.

This election has little if anything to do with Trump IMHO.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(August 28, 2018 at 9:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(August 28, 2018 at 8:53 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: From the article:

This election has little if anything to do with Trump IMHO.

If you think that, I can only conclude you're not particularly well informed. Republican candidates across the country are hitching their wagon to a public display of support for Trump and his policies, presumably hoping to profit by the association come November.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I assumed you were a fucking idiot, RR.  Thanks for confirming.
(August 28, 2018 at 9:33 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(August 28, 2018 at 9:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: This election has little if anything to do with Trump IMHO.

If you think that, I can only conclude you're not particularly well informed. Republican candidates across the country are hitching their wagon to a public display of support for Trump and his policies, presumably hoping to profit by the association come November.

Then it would depend on what policies they are promoting of Trump’s. I’m not voting based on Trump, but I could see where for many short sighted people, that is their focus.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Roadkill taking Trump apologetic to a whole new low .Kindly go back to sucking at defending the bible .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Wait til they find out he's really Beelzebub in a fat man suit.
At this point, I don't think the word "standard" even applies to Trump and his base anymore. And RR is kind of right, it's not just about Trump anymore, it's a nationwide race to see who can be the biggest deplorable! It's like mini-trumps are running rampant everywhere, and even if the Orange is removed from power I doubt anything will get fixed.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36908 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 966 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Even The FOX FUX Have Had Eniough of the Orange Turdfuhrer Minimalist 2 373 October 11, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Even "The Economist" Has Figured It Out Minimalist 7 1672 August 20, 2017 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Even Right Wing Polls Can't Prop Up The WLB Minimalist 2 1102 May 30, 2017 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Normally, This Wouldn't Even Be News Minimalist 10 3610 May 26, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Even more evidence of Obstruction SteelCurtain 4 1325 May 22, 2017 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Even if Climate Change was not real... NuclearEnergy 6 1309 April 19, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Tovarish Donald Even Has FOX Pissed At Him Minimalist 4 1695 April 14, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Divinity