Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us and God
Us and God
If we are to behave as God, we are considered immoral and evil.

What gives God the pass other than the blind love of believers?

It stands to reason that God is not above reproach if his actions do not meet with his words of love.  After all, a God of love does not allow atrocities to happen.

If we are to behave as God, should we allow atrocities to happen around us?

Being like God is not a respectable value.  Rather, it is being the very villain against which theist often speak.  Satan.

The problem with absolutes in religion is that the lines blur and goodness is considered thus.  Once the convolution is revealed, sadly theists still prefer the lie over the truth.  

It makes no sense.

I am not Satan for trying to free you from a fantasy, one of delusion.

I am not incapable of seeing your point of view, because I understand that to be lost where you are means I lose my grip on reality.

Theists state they just want to help people understand the peril of their souls.

I want theists to understand the peril in which they are placing their minds by continuing on a journey of theistic delusion.
RE: Us and God
The real question is what behavior is godly? What behavior is characteristically prescribed to god? If we turn on the cooling fan are we not behaving like god Aeolus? Isn't he the only one who has authority on wind?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Matt Dillahaunty nailed it - "We worry about God and miss out on important work". Talking about Space Voldemart is a f waste of time.
(August 31, 2018 at 4:39 am)Kit Wrote: If we are to behave as God, we are considered immoral and evil.

If we try to play all the roles of God we are considered immoral and evil, true.

And even more then that, if we try to play the role of the Leaders appointed by God (ie. the Prophets and Mohammad's Twelve Successors), we are the root of evil and it doesn't befit it us to take on that position as well.

Some roles are best left for God and who he chooses to implement them.

If we try to take on the role of the Angel of death, and decide when people die, yes we would be considered immoral and evil.

Quote:What gives God the pass other than the blind love of believers?

Reason is what makes us know God is the Designer and Creator and has wisdom we do not, and has rights over us that we do not have over others.
You lost me at the first affirmation of human chattel.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don't know where people get the idea that just because you create something, you have full rights to do whatever you want with it. Nor do I get why people think that god is all that wise, when we can all read a book that shows otherwise. You're saying something walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but is not a duck because special pleading.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I will give an example.

Allowing evil in the world is allowed for the Creator while he works with his system to overcome evil and eradicate it.

Humans are not allowed to stand by evil if they can change it, humans who do so per Quran are attributed that evil, as is God, but in the case of God he has benevolent over all wise reasons to do so.

Part of that design by Creator is that humans been entrusted to fight off evil and alleviate suffering.
Allah, Lord of the Double Standard of Evil. Maybe you should add that to his 99 names, hit an even 100?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 31, 2018 at 9:48 am)Khemikal Wrote: Allah, Lord of the Double Standard of Evil.  Maybe you should add that to his 99 names, hit an even 100?

There is more then a 100 titles for God in Quran, and there is a 1000 titles in a prayer taught by the Prophet.

God is the Greatest Being and in reality, she/he is all we have. You don't like your Lord, you are at loss, it's your loss, he/she is awesome, it's your judgement that is ignorant and misguided.
You sound like a teenage girl.  No, Mystic, it's not my loss that I don't fancy your boyfriend. Your boyfriend is a dick, and I'm not interested in a threesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19394 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie