Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Are Xtians So Stupid?
Why Are Xtians So Stupid?
A compelling answer.  Basically it is because they really are STUPID.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/heres-c...nds-magic/

Quote:Here’s why Christians believe in miracles – and other kinds of magic

Quote:Got that? Miracles are the magical stuff done by the Christian God or his proxies. Magic is the magical stuff done by the competition. The latter is bad, bad, bad, because it might trick you into worshiping someone or something else. And it’s real! The Occult. The Dark Arts. Keep your kids away from Harry Potter.

The lot of them are dumb as a bag of fucking rocks.
RE: Why Are Xtians So Stupid?
(October 3, 2018 at 10:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A compelling answer.  Basically it is because they really are STUPID.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/heres-c...nds-magic/

Quote:Here’s why Christians believe in miracles – and other kinds of magic

Quote:Got that? Miracles are the magical stuff done by the Christian God or his proxies. Magic is the magical stuff done by the competition. The latter is bad, bad, bad, because it might trick you into worshiping someone or something else. And it’s real! The Occult. The Dark Arts. Keep your kids away from Harry Potter.

The lot of them are dumb as a bag of fucking rocks.

Christians are so stupid because Christianity has worked diligently for over 2000 years to make jesus a more perfect screening system against intelligence.
Thinking is hard. It's best left to other people.
(October 3, 2018 at 11:04 pm)no one Wrote: Thinking is hard. It's best left to other people.

If only they would shut up and actually leave the thinking to other people.

They would rather no one at all thinks except their pastors, and those disgusting only think about how to better fleece them.  But when they are sick they would want modern medicine made possible by understanding of evolution to still avail them as if by miracle.
Christians are not necessarily stupid. You have to consider the power of indoctrination and fear when applied to little children. I went through the entire Roman Catholic indoctrination mill. It involved a lot of physical and mental abuse by my teachers and a bible thumping, overbearing tyrant of a father. It took me at least fifteen years involving a lot of comparative religious study and introspection to overcome the brainwashing and finally come out as an atheist.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
It's not stupidity. It's trained and willful ignorance on a (usually) narrow subject. It's taking all the stuff that smart people, Xians included, use to detect bullshit -- things like healthy skepticism, critical thinking, questioning one's own bias, and so forth -- and deliberately setting all that aside to embrace the opposite, faith, as a virtue whenever their own religion comes up. .... and then going right back to being (on average) as rational as anyone else when it's time to, say, compare prices for a new car.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

Ignore list includes: 1 douche bag (Drich)
Quote: You have to consider the power of indoctrination and fear when applied to little children.

A quarter of the population has somehow managed to overcome that handicap.  The percentage is growing.  I am not willing to give assholes who think magic is real any kind of a break.  Wake up, assholes.  You are living in the 21st Fucking Century.
I think theists must take a vow of stupidity. I find it hard to explain any other way.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It's because humans are contrary critters.

As a species we are able to embrace diametrically opposed ideas without being bothered by or indeed recognizing the contradictions.

Hence the " pro life" individual who kills abortion doctors and other such whackadoodles.
(Edit to clarify - the pro lifer is the whackadoodle, not the doctor)

Dig deep enough, you' re likely to find such behavior in yourself.
My parents aren't stupid. Sure I think they're dead wrong and they can't seem to understand the way I disbelieve, but they are far from stupid for continuing to believe in god. I still get why they do. Indoctrination is a powerful tool and I don't necessarily blame people for being unable or even unwilling to overcome it. Myself, indoctrination has permanently scarred me with anxiety.

I didn't magically become smarter when I became an atheist--more skeptical for sure and a great deal more informed, but smarter? Eeeegh, 100% guaranteed there are Christians who are way smarter than me. Our way of thinking is just different. Do I think they're wrong? Hell yeah. But stupid? Sure, some of 'em may be, but all of 'em? Nah.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1166 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5441 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15500 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1878 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Stupid slogans on church signs Old Baby 49 9402 September 22, 2016 at 11:24 am
Last Post: lugal ki en
  Atheism is Stupid Annoyingbutnicetheist 6 2226 January 25, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Need to rant: stupid Christians Phazzle 13 3009 October 28, 2014 at 2:23 am
Last Post: ForumMember77
Video Why Hating Gay Men Is Stupid MagetheEntertainer 13 2915 July 17, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Stupid, stupid, stupid and stupid..... max-greece 36 6647 October 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3559 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas