Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea ready for "Holy War"
North Korea ready for "Holy War"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

Just another war of words and posturing or the real thing? What do you think? Who else would get involved if it does properly kick off between the two?
RE: North Korea ready for "Holy War"
North Korea is so chronically unstable that something pretty shocking is bound to happen sooner or later, probably sooner Panic
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
America firmly supports South Korea, but China seem to be distancing themselves from the North.
I dont know what this means and the new kim jon un character is an unknown quantity so its anyones guess.
But who would've thought in 1999 that in 2010 we'd be at war in afghanistan and just pulled out of iraq. The world is a dangerous and unstable place. As long as there are charismatic leaders there will be this kind of strfe.
In england all our leaders have their charisma removed on taking office so theres no threat from us.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's hard to believe that there haven't been food riots in N korea.
Quote:But who would've thought in 1999 that in 2010 we'd be at war in afghanistan and just pulled out of iraq.

Well,actually the US has not withdrawn. There is still a large US presence in Iraq and always will be.The Us finally has what it has wanted for decades; a significant and permanent presence in the Middle East to protect US interests.

If N Korea starts something, it will be obliterated..
Quote:If N Korea starts something, it will be obliterated..

I dont think we can afford it.

We've just had all our tanks, helicopters kitted out for desert so i dont know how they'd fare in jungle.

We can only fight in dry dusty places for a while.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

North Korea would get absolutely and comprehensively defeated. That said, I find the prospect of North Korea starting a war to be extremely unlikely.

(December 24, 2010 at 11:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I dont think we can afford it.

We've just had all our tanks, helicopters kitted out for desert so i dont know how they'd fare in jungle.

We can only fight in dry dusty places for a while.

Well given that your country has had a military presence in South Korea for decades, as well as the largest airforce and navy the world has ever seen. I don't think it would be too expensive to sit a few aircraft carriers off the Korean coast and flatten Pyongyang. Also, I seriously doubt that all the military hardware in Korea is kitted for desert warfare. Finally, There are no jungles in Korea, it's hilly and grassy. It apparently looks a bit like California.

(December 23, 2010 at 8:40 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I dont know what this means and the new kim jon un character is an unknown quantity so its anyones guess.

Kim Jr will not have any real power, the country is more or less run by the generals, Kim Sr and his son are and will be, little more than figureheads.

Either way, the war (if such a thing ever happens) will be short and brutal. North Korea would get obliterated, let's not forget that the US Army has extensive experience when it comes to fighting on peninsulas, Italy during WWII, and Korea back in the 50's.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(December 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm)Ubermensch Wrote: Well given that your country has had a military presence in South Korea for decades, and the largest, airforce and navy the world has ever seen, I don't think it would be too expensive to sit a few aircraft carriers off the Korean coast and flatten Pyongyang.

Just to correct you but downbeatplumbs country is the U.K.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(December 30, 2010 at 2:09 pm)Darwinian Wrote:
(December 30, 2010 at 2:06 pm)Ubermensch Wrote: Well given that your country has had a military presence in South Korea for decades, and the largest, airforce and navy the world has ever seen, I don't think it would be too expensive to sit a few aircraft carriers off the Korean coast and flatten Pyongyang.

I like when forums let you set the country where you are from and it shows when you post, would that be too hard to implement

China was the only thing sustaining north korea and they are growing tired of them
(December 30, 2010 at 2:09 pm)Darwinian Wrote:

Oh whoops, my bad. I clearly wasn't paying attention. Sorry downbeatplumbs.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Sea oil LinuxGal 7 574 September 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 477 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7294 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3118 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 831 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 909 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Anyone else ready for our first gay president? Foxaèr 121 8127 May 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1087 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3265 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3169 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: WinterHold