Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next GFC?
The Next GFC?
So many alarmist/sensationalist vids and pages on the net about the next global recession even by reputable sources...

Is 60 minutes to be taken seriously these days or do they just sell advertising on tv now.
Australia's economy is in decline (massive unhealthy debt levels) with crazy house prices, as is NZ.
With interest rates so low, there's nowhere else to go if things crash which will make the next one a lot harder for people and governments.
Do you think, based on what you see around you in society that something will burst sooner rather than later?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: The Next GFC?
Ghost Fang Castle?

Besides, most 'Muricans have this idiosyncrasy with not knowing what is happening in the country right under their noses, because for them it is merely a minor setback and everything will be fine because 'Murica always recovers and it's not as bad as all that, because look at the bliss I'm experiencing in my small part of this great country.
Quote:Georgia Fried Chicken?

Big Grin
Geezus Fucking Christ?
Dying to live, living to die.
Negative interest rates will solve this problem
Great Flamingo Crash?
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(October 10, 2018 at 9:05 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: Negative interest rates will solve this problem

AKA, printing more money, There's a downside to that, but it might work in the short-term.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Gangs Fucking Celebates. 

You know they had it cuming. 

Investments, I'm going to get real cautious about half way thru 2019.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It has been inevitable since 2008 when the strategy was to kick the can down the road rather than to make any substantial changes to the system.

It's also a known symptom of peak oil that can only be recognised in hindsight. This is because the economy constantly needs to expand exponentially. Anything less is a recession, or worse a deflationary depression. And for the economy to expand it needs energy.

But because we live in an oil based economy, peak oil means that the number of oil fields coming on line can't sufficiently replace the number of oil fields becoming depleted. So the economy goes into recession. This reduces demand. Prices drop and the economy then has a chance to recover. Which means demand for energy and resources rises again, along with prices. But because of peak oil this brings about another recession. So historically you find a plateau of short term oscillations followed by steady decline post-peak oil.
Gargantuan Farting Coconut. (I may have had one too many cups of coffee.)

With my luck we'll go into a global recession just as I try to find a job. :/
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Now Next Foxaèr 25 2276 August 29, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 680 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up What next? onlinebiker 8 880 June 11, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2767 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 930 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Your next car onlinebiker 100 7479 January 30, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Should I say something next time? GODZILLA 9 1518 May 27, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5231 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Star Wars has become the next General Hospital. Jehanne 23 2677 January 8, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: John V
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1106 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer