Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What next?
Thumbs Up 
What next?
We got heavy storms last night here in SW Michigan.  The power of course went out as soon as the wind blew.... Power is still out - and it's pouring down buckets.

Pestilence, deluge, flooding - when are the locusts and rivers of blood due?

Violin
RE: What next?
Do not ask that...ever.

The cicadas are supposed to be hatching so that can be your plague of locusts.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Wasn’t there supposed to be a third plague you missed? Because deluge and flooding are the same thing.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 10, 2020 at 10:51 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Do not ask that...ever.

At least the noise will drown out the sound of the generators....
(June 10, 2020 at 10:59 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 10, 2020 at 10:51 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Do not ask that...ever.

At least the noise will drown out the sound of the generators....

That started last night here.
(June 10, 2020 at 1:00 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 10, 2020 at 10:59 am)onlinebiker Wrote: At least the noise will drown out the sound of the generators....

That started last night here.

I ran the generator for 2 hours - then shut it down and went the night on batteries/inverter.

I have enough batteries to run one freezer or fridge at a time through the night - plus lights, TV and fans... This morning I even ran the window mount A/C to cool things down....

Currently on generator - recharging batteries...
Consumers Energy (our commercial supplier) said power would be on by 7 am. 

Now they are saying 7 PM.

And the generator runs on.....
It's going to be cold enough this weekend to damage my tomatoes.... middle of june, in the southeast. That's tens lost weeks this season.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Power is back on.... About damned time..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Now Next Foxaèr 25 2272 August 29, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 678 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Not Serious]Pick one, then post the next selection. Gawdzilla Sama 64 2751 October 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 922 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Your next car onlinebiker 100 7466 January 30, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Next GFC? ignoramus 16 886 October 11, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Should I say something next time? GODZILLA 9 1509 May 27, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5217 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Star Wars has become the next General Hospital. Jehanne 23 2675 January 8, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: John V
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1104 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer