Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks and counting!!
2 weeks and counting!!
I am so excited!! Anyone else? I think that this election will be a turning point in World History and will mark the end of social, religious conservativsm.
RE: 2 weeks and counting!!
(October 21, 2018 at 11:13 am)Jehanne Wrote: I am so excited!!  Anyone else?  I think that this election will be a turning point in World History and will mark the end of social, religious conservativsm.

I think you should focus on what will needs to done, done thoroughly, and done remorselessly after nov 6 regardless of the outcomes on nov 6 rather than on congratulating yourself prematurely for the perspective hatchlings of nov 6.
You have more faith in the 'murrican electorate than I do, Jehanne.  The inbred asswipes who elected the Orange Turdfuhrer are still out there.
It's just another election and won't make or break us. But I'd certainly like to see power shift at the federal level.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 21, 2018 at 11:13 am)Jehanne Wrote: I am so excited!!  Anyone else?  I think that this election will be a turning point in World History and will mark the end of social, religious conservativsm.

[Image: NRIQNNJ.jpg]
(October 21, 2018 at 11:18 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

I think you should focus on what will needs to done, done thoroughly, and done remorselessly after nov 6 regardless of the outcomes on nov 6 rather than on congratulating yourself prematurely for the perspective hatchlings of nov 6.

I already voted; besides, Senators Grassley and Ernst just ignore me anyways. They've already made up their minds about so many issues as it is.

I've read that in the US (maybe for the rest of the world as well) that if 50% of women and 50% of young people voted, those two groups could get whatever election result they desired.

Good luck.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

You have a lot more optimistic attitude than I do.  I will vote, but I can't bring myself to believe it will make a difference any more.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 947 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  With four weeks left Joods 18 2334 January 25, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I'll be away for a couple weeks A Theist 27 5056 February 10, 2013 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Annik
  A strange couple of weeks Jackalope 16 2852 January 18, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: jonb
  How to gain and lose a friend in 2 weeks. Oldandeasilyconfused 46 14873 May 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  I spent 8 weeks of my life thinking I was Jesus. Edwardo Piet 30 7704 February 8, 2010 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet