Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With four weeks left
With four weeks left
I officially filled out my first application today. Yesterday, I had two mock interviews with recruiters from Regis corporation and with Ratner corporation. The one with Regis was a sit-down only interview and they would have hired me on the spot, except for the fact that my custody schedule conflicts with what availability they need in a stylist

The interview I had with Ratner corporation, however, was in two parts. The first part, was a mock technical - I had to demonstrate that I could do a haircolor retouch, a virgin haircolor application (it's when color is put on hair that has never been touched by chemicals, hence, virgin), and two separate foiling techniques. I also had to demonstrate that I could perform a layered haircut on a mannequin.

The second part was a sit-down interview. One of the people from Ratner has actually been to my school at least half a dozen times since I started school. She knows of my situation and still wants me in her salon. I have been to her location to shadow for a day and I got to meet the stylists that work there and we had a great time. I learned a lot and it was a really good experience for me.

I was told to "apply online quickly" so that I can get a formal interview. For that, I'll need a male and female model for my technical interview. Big Grin

While they can hire me now, I can't officially work in the capacity of a hairstylist until after the school has sent my transcripts to the State Board of Cosmetology, after I graduate. I will then receive my license about a week later. So I'm thinking that I can start as early as March 11th.

Either way, I really like the benefits package offered by Ratner. 401K, long and short term disability, Health insurance, including vision and dental. Paid vacations, paid holidays and they even have a program for their employees that fall on hard times. The pay is hourly plus 45% commission on services to start. They offer free continuing education, certification in Redkin color and they will send you to the two big annual beauty shows on their dime. There is plenty of room for advancement as well.

Please keep your fingers crossed. I would love to be able to get to my graduation day knowing that I already have work lined up.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: With four weeks left
That would be awesome. I'm happy for you, I know you've worked hard for it.
I am so, so very happy for you Judi, you have achieved whatever you wanted, on your own. I hope you get all the happiness you deserve. Smile
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Thanks guys Smile I'm hoping this will be my best year yet.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Good stuff Judi. Remember, I'm happy to pay extra for, you know ...

[Image: 1ib4bc.jpg]

Plus, here's an old family secret.
[Image: 1ib4ce.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Way to go, Judi. From my own experience as a hiring manager, I can tell you, when they say "apply online quickly", it means they need people badly and you fit the bill. Get 'er done -- if they know they've got a good one in the pipeline, they'll give you those few weeks.

Heart

Good... I'll be expecting a visit from you then Big Grin

Ha ha...Ninjad by Thumpy Big Grin
(January 25, 2017 at 4:06 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ~ From my own experience as a hiring manager, ~

Thump, I didn't know you were a pimp? Dunno
As long as you're not getting high on your own supply ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 25, 2017 at 4:34 am)ignoramus Wrote:
(January 25, 2017 at 4:06 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ~ From my own experience as a hiring manager, ~

Thump, I didn't know you were a pimp? Dunno
As long as you're not getting high on your own supply ...

Who've been giving your money to, damn it?

I take it the first test drive is free, naturally...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the "Who would be left" contest! Angrboda 8 613 July 27, 2023 at 6:57 am
Last Post: emjay
  It's Time I Left The Architect Of Fate 30 2571 August 4, 2021 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3491 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  2 weeks and counting!! Jehanne 7 372 October 21, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Hypothetical: Four babies... The Valkyrie 24 2143 January 12, 2018 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  @ Everyone on AF: Would you miss me if I left? Edwardo Piet 32 5559 September 12, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Three meat versus four meat pizzas Czechlervitz30 29 2679 July 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: c172
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2807 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Imagine If You were the Only Person Left on Earth Rhondazvous 13 3546 November 22, 2015 at 3:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Four Hits Deep wizardofthevoid 6 1399 November 11, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: wizardofthevoid