Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This May Be Worth A Look
This May Be Worth A Look
Star Trek Animated Comedy Series

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: This May Be Worth A Look
It could catch on...

I love the bit: Hey, put another yellow cartridge in the food replicator so I can make a banana to eat! hehehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 26, 2018 at 3:57 am)ignoramus Wrote: It could catch on...

I love the bit: Hey, put another yellow cartridge in the food replicator so I can make a banana to eat!   hehehe

Replicators can't replicate colors?
For that matter, why can't a replicator replicate another replicator?

I don't think we're supposed to think about ST too cerebrally...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
A science fiction comedy?

Gee - what a novel idea.

Signed

Seth MacFarlane
YAY! Finally a topic I can use as an excuse to complain about new Star Trek and Star Wars movies/ TV shows as well as mainstream movies in general.

Ah, these new Star Trek and Star Wars movies/ TV shows can be described with two words: "Premature Ejaculation". Really, I remember reading an interview with sex therapist Ian Kerner more than a decade ago who suffered from PE and he described his PE as being part of that era of the late 90s of dot com era in which he was involved, as he said: lots of initial enthusiasm, no follow-through, a whole lot of starting and stopping. The whole internet economy was nothing more than one big premature ejaculation. I was well suited to it.

I mean this exactly how I see like new Star Wars movies: no time, just hurry. No time for jedi training ("we have to interrupt it with action scenes from other characters that don't make any sense anyway") Rey is already a best jedi, best pilot, best repairman just fight fight fight; same as no explaining where the bad guys came from and how they got so big and how good guys are so subdued - just build those big cannons and death stars and fire; no time for character background when they could be fighting. Lots of enthusiasm but not much follow trough just ejaculating all the time.

Or with Star Trek JJ-verse movies no time for those dramatic stories we need action, explosions, loud music angry fist fighting Spock, villains that just scream the whole movie because they are so angry all the time - just like Star Wars villains.

And of course the rest of the popular movies aren't far. They constantly interrupt dialogs with loud sound, the action scenes have such loud music that you can't even watch what's going on etc. I guess it's all because movie and TV industries have to fight their new nemesis: smartphone. The moment people feel bored the turn it on their phones and type away.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  May The 4th be with you. Brian37 26 1621 May 11, 2021 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 256 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  The Composites: what famous literary characters really look like Rev. Rye 10 980 July 27, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  look at art stonedape 5 1358 August 25, 2014 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just look and admire this awsome picture! Something completely different 0 967 March 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Suggestions for May's book. Darwinian 8 3332 May 30, 2009 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Darwinian