Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for May's book.
Suggestions for May's book.
Time to suggest May's book.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Suggestions for May's book.
...Sam Harris- Letter to a christian nation?
The Demon-Haunted World - Carl Sagan
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Oh Oh Oh!! I'd vote that Tongue
Or Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot
(March 1, 2009 at 6:25 am)Darwinian Wrote: Time to suggest May's book.

I've just read that Venezuela's president Chavez just this weekend presented Obama with a 36 year-old tome entitled " Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pilage of a Continent " by Eduardo Galeano. Apparently, the US President accepted the present graciously, but it is not clear whether he intends reading it.
Aparently since this event happened the book has gone from position 54,295 to 6th place in Amazon's US paperack sales chart!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Some very good book tips already. I want to put forward my tip from last month, Plato and a Platypus walk into a bar...
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Spurred on by EvF's post about a native American President, can I strongly recommend Lee Miller's " FROM THE HEART, Voices of the American Indian ".
Full of some of the most inspirational speeches I've ever read.
published c1995.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Everyone should read 'Black Mass: Apocolyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia' gy John Gray. This is a book about politics in the last 100 years and how it has failed (and always will) NOT about any black mass ceremonies.
Sounds good. Perhaps when the book club gets resurected one day it can be put on the list.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 1038 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  May The 4th be with you. Brian37 26 1621 May 11, 2021 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 258 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3189 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Watch Suggestions for TV and Movie Streamers Shell B 50 3491 October 2, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1111 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 2009 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  This May Be Worth A Look BrianSoddingBoru4 5 463 October 27, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 385 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2017 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89