Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Trump created the MAGABomber
How Trump created the MAGABomber
Quote:Make no mistake, President Trump is responsible for the MAGABomber. Not directly like he told him to do it. But still fully responsible. I write that knowing that doing so increases the chances that the next Trumpian stirred-up by the president’s unprecedented incendiary rhetoric who happens upon my writing might try to hurt me. And I know that because that’s just how the psychology of hate works.

President Trump has, intentionally or not, hit a trifecta of hate that foments terrorism, in this case domestic terrorism. At rallies and speeches his incendiary eloquence identifies opponents as enemies then motivates hatred and sanctions violence against them. Facts no longer matter. Nor do values shared with those he sees as horrible, terrible people. What matters is that it’s us versus them. And we can’t let them win. Never apologize, never back down.

The trifecta is important, central in fact. One or two components and a leader would not be responsible for the violent acts of their supporters. Not all populists incite terrorism. So, when right wing apologists start defending President Trump, as they will, by pointing to sharply critical things people like Maxine Waters or Bernie Sanders may have said they will be missing the point. And if they’ve read this piece they will be willfully trying to deceive. The psychology of hate shows you need Trump’s trifecta to be responsible. So let’s look closer.

Read more:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddessig/2...67cffd1046
RE: How Trump created the MAGABomber
Osama Bin Laden didn't fly planes into the World Trade Center himself. He got his followers worked into a frenzy and they did it for him.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The Orange Turdfuhrer opened Pandora's Box.  He has told the large, bigoted, ignorant, mob that he is with them.
Trump declared himself a nationalist and Neo-Nazis celebrated across America. This is reality. WORDS MATTER. Trump and his vile accomplices in the billion dollar propaganda industry, abetted by the silence of complicit political cowards in the GOP have lit a match.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I have no doubt but that he is not at all bothered by incidental violence. If any had succeeded I imagine he'd have been at least a little happy privately.
All that Hitler did was use words, give speeches, and hold rallies. How can we hold him responsible for the death of Jews?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 30, 2018 at 9:13 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: All that Hitler did was use words, give speeches, and hold rallies. How can we hold him responsible for the death of Jews?

Even though I agree with the OP, isnt that a bit of a disingenuous comparison? Since it was government policy to exterminate the Jews?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1067 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36926 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle NuclearEnergy 6 2811 June 12, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3172 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph? Greatest I am 18 1766 November 20, 2016 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4153 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1687 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1278 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  All Tax Dollars Are Not Created Equal Minimalist 0 764 March 14, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  All Men Are Created Equal - But Some Are More Equal Than Others Minimalist 6 2020 December 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0