Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs, not even once, kids!
Drugs, not even once, kids!
The first time I ever did acid it kicked in while I was walking along some railroad tracks, my shortcut to town. I was just even with the city park and there were all these lights and really odd music coming from the park! I climbed the fence and found the 4H fair was in progress. I wandered around, seeing things nobody else could see and having a ball.

After a bit this clown stopped me and asked me if I wanted a job for the summer, helping the carnies as a general roustabout. We talked back and forth for a while and I was sold on the job. About that time a friend came by. I told him about the job offer and introduced him to the clown.

"This clown offered you a job?"

"Yeah, I'll get to travel around some instead of staying in this one-horse town all summer."

"This clown, the one painted on the side of that truck?"

Took me a minute, then I said "Damnit, there goes that job!"

But the clown said "No, we still need help."
RE: Drugs, not even once, kids!
Never done non medicinal drugs.

Okay, I tried pot once, years ago, and didn't like it.

And I don't even like taking medicinal drugs.
Dying to live, living to die.
Xanax is my daddy.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The last time I did pot was a couple years after college. I tripped on acid in my early 20s 3 times. I stopped doing both for the same reason. I didn't have any "bad" trips. But coming down, on either my head would spin and it felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

I have also, both with pot and acid, seen others do really stupid shit, just like drunk people. I still drink, but it does not matter to me. If you put anything in your body that distorts your perception of reality, just like booze, do not think that pot or acid are any safer.

^^^^^^^^^ None of what I just typed is about legality, but false perceptions, selection bias and sample rate error.

No matter what someone likes to "have fun with" as far as any drug, it is still just that, and you do not behave the same way lit, as you would sober.
I was raised on D.A.R.E., and I wasn't friends with anyone who could peer pressure me into doing anything illegal.

Never done illegal drugs.
I think a rule should just be don't do anything that's going to alter your mind, in public. Do it in a safe place, where you can be watched by someone who isn't also high or drunk. That would solve a lot of issues.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

At one point, just before I nearly died, I was Rx'd 270 mg of oxycontin a day. Never got a buzz out of it.
(November 12, 2018 at 2:06 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: At one point, just before I nearly died, I was Rx'd 270 mg of oxycontin a day. Never got a buzz out of it.

I’ve always found it bloody cruel that hospitals don’t let you take that morphine clicker home with you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Acid had it' s moments.

I did some good blotter on a midwatch one night, when I knew it was going to be slow.

I was a Radioman, sitting the MF CW call and distress frequency - 500 kHz. ( morse code by radio)

4 a.m. I was getting off on the acid, getting into listening to faint signals. I heard a series of 5 second transmit - what could be an auto-alarm --- an old system used for distress traffic. It was very, very faint - but clear.

The normal procedure is for the 500 operator to yell out - and get other operators to help copy - but it was so faint - I didn't want the distraction.

Then came the shocker - an SOS... very, very faint - but I was getting it.....

I copied the whole of it - but was puzzled by the position. We were used to seeing latitude and longitude of North and West. This was South and East.

I yelled out - and the chief came in...

I was one of the few operators who copied into the official log, instead of writing it down, or typing on a second typerwriter, then transferring it to the log.

The chief reason was pissed ten different ways. Because I hadn't got help, because he had to write it down, just because he didn't much like my belligerent ass...

They looked at the message, and quickly called a couple other stations - nobody else had heard it.

They ran back the 24 track player that recorded all out receivers - and it wasn't there. They started accusing me of making the whole thing up.

The first class - who liked me - and knew I was a good operator knew I wouldn't do something like that, and looked at later entries in my log - which I was still maintaining. He noted the station ZLD - from Auckland NZ, and sent them a service message on teletype. 

We then got off watch and went home.

The next day watch we came in. I got called into the Master Chief's office, with the chief from my section.

The MSC had a copy of my log, and the courtesy copy ZLD had sent us of their log, working the distress. 

They were identical.

The MSC told me they ran back the tapes and were able to pick out a couple bits, but most of the signal was lost in the tape noise.

He told my section chief that her owed me an apology for making the accusation that I'd made it up.

The log and the courtesy copy went up on the bulletin board and stayed there a long time.

Can't say I didn't sweat a bit for those days off - wondering if I HAD hallucinated the whole thing.....
(November 12, 2018 at 1:43 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I think a rule should just be don't do anything that's going to alter your mind, in public. Do it in a safe place, where you can be watched by someone who isn't also high or drunk. That would solve a lot of issues.

[Image: 2mdwy6.jpg]

[Image: 220px-17-03-16-J%C3%A4germeister-Miniatu...7_8310.jpg][Image: 2h5o1eu.jpg][Image: ecig-post.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Massive Object Once Devastated Uranus chimp3 16 933 April 17, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Which AF member would you want to babysit your kids? FatAndFaithless 69 7908 December 1, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Even I think this is weird. vorlon13 31 3445 August 19, 2015 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Rudolph is a recovering addict...........NSFW or kids. Brian37 8 2894 December 16, 2014 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Tonus
  I don't even know why this is funny... max-greece 5 1452 April 19, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Spiders on Drugs Tiberius 7 1096 January 13, 2013 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  Kids Say the Darndest Things . . . Atheist Forums Edition Shell B 17 8192 July 11, 2012 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  How do I keep my kids from becoming atheists? Paul the Human 7 2973 April 15, 2012 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused