Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowd sourcing solutions to package thievery
Crowd sourcing solutions to package thievery
The other day, some miscreant walked off with a parcel left in plain sight by my helpful mail carrier. Thankfully it was not a valuable package.

I'd like to exact a little revenge, or catch the miscreant on my security camera for online shaming.

(Sadly, although my security camera certainly captured the guy, at the time, I didn't subscribe to the service that kept video clips for more than a few hours. Now I do.)

My first inclination is to leave a parcel as bait - filled with dog shit.

Let's hear your ideas.
RE: Crowd sourcing solutions to package thievery
Needs a fork.

For $200 I bought a CCTV system from Harbor Freight. Had a problem with some vandalism which went right to zero.

We had some people going door to door selling solar or something, and one of the pair didn't want to go up to our house, because of the cameras. Some miscreance on his conscience, I'm guessing.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Put something in a parcel to give it weight, and a note reading, ‘You were filmed stealing this. We know where you live.’ 

Bound to give the miscreant a few sleepless nights.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The window closest to my mailbox has a silhouette target with the center and the "forehead" blown out of it. Never had any theft.
(November 14, 2018 at 7:38 pm)Fireball Wrote: Needs a fork.

Hungry
Spiders, man, box full of spiders.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Let it go.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 14, 2018 at 7:17 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: The other day, some miscreant walked off with a parcel left in plain sight by my helpful mail carrier.   Thankfully it was not a valuable package.

I'd like to exact a little revenge, or catch the miscreant on my security camera for online shaming.

(Sadly, although my security camera certainly captured the guy, at the time, I didn't subscribe to the service that kept video clips for more than a few hours.  Now I do.)

My first inclination is to leave a parcel as bait - filled with dog shit.

Let's hear your ideas.

A box full of pressurized micro glitter, that when opened, sprays forth a giant pile of impossible-to-remove glitter that self adheres to any surface it comes in contact with. 

And make sure it's gold or silver glitter so it stands out nicely.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Pay a scary looking guy to sit in your driveway in a black SUV.
The bait box filled with dog shit would be funny but you'd have to spend too much quality time with dog shit to do that. Fill the box with anthrax or something. Or a white powder labeled "DEADLY POISON. IF HANDLED SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY"
Or label the box "Human Organ".

One time I had an apartment neighbor that was messing with a decoration hanging on my doorway. Every day I came home and the decoration would be crooked. I'd straighten it out and then it would be crooked again.
It wasn't worth much so I coated the back of it with a load of peanut butter. Swirled it right on.
I came back home the next day and yep, it was crooked again. With a big hand print in the peanut butter.
I saw the neighbor outside a few days later - he was some stupid punk kid in his 20s - and he gave me the side-eye. That was about 10 years ago and I still laugh about it.

-Teresa
(November 14, 2018 at 9:36 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Pay a scary looking guy to sit in your driveway in a black SUV.
The bait box filled with dog shit would be funny but you'd have to spend too much quality time with dog shit to do that. Fill the box with anthrax or something. Or a white powder labeled "DEADLY POISON. IF HANDLED SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY"
Or label the box "Human Organ".

One time I had an apartment neighbor that was messing with a decoration hanging on my doorway. Every day I came home and the decoration would be crooked. I'd straighten it out and then it would be crooked again.
It wasn't worth much so I coated the back of it with a load of peanut butter. Swirled it right on.
I came back home the next day and yep, it was crooked again. With a big hand print in the peanut butter.
I saw the neighbor outside a few days later - he was some stupid punk kid in his 20s - and he gave me the side-eye. That was about 10 years ago and I still laugh about it.

-Teresa

Hehe Next time use some sort of Crazy Glue®! I love it!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improper package delivery by UPS Gwaithmir 14 369 March 22, 2024 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama