Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improper package delivery by UPS
Improper package delivery by UPS
Several months ago, I began having a serious delivery issue with UPS. I have a long, uphill driveway. My house is about 250' from U.S. Hwy. 20. I am 76 years old with very limited mobility. Packages which are supposed to be delivered to my back porch or carport have been left halfway up the driveway, where I cannot see them from the house or get them. I have had packages stolen or ruined by rain because of the delivery person's irresponsible behavior. To make matters worse, he/she has claimed that the packages were left on the porch. The delivery person is a liar!

I have made several attempts to lodge a complaint with UPS but am unable to get past various robo-menus. There is no "Lodge a Complaint" option on the UPS website. Has anyone here run into this problem, or a similar one, and resolved it?
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
RE: Improper package delivery by UPS
Maybe try Amazon?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 21, 2024 at 8:44 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Several months ago, I began having a serious delivery issue with UPS. I have a long, uphill driveway. My house is about 250' from U.S. Hwy. 20. I am 76 years old with very limited mobility. Packages which are supposed to be delivered to my back porch or carport have been left halfway up the driveway, where I cannot see them from the house or get them. I have had packages stolen or ruined by rain because of the delivery person's irresponsible behavior. To make matters worse, he/she has claimed that the packages were left on the porch. The delivery person is a liar!

I have made several attempts to lodge a complaint with UPS but am unable to get past various robo-menus. There is no "Lodge a Complaint" option on the UPS website. Has anyone here run into this problem, or a similar one, and resolved it?

Try contacting the sender and letting them know what's going on.  If a vendor can't be sure an item is being delivered they have some weight to get things done.  There are other modes of shipping.  

Actually contacting someone at UPS is nearly impossible for we peons. (who keep them in business, grumble, grumble)

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 21, 2024 at 8:47 am)Foxaèr Wrote: Maybe try Amazon?

I recently posted my complaint on the Amazon customer chat site. Reply pending.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(March 21, 2024 at 9:06 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(March 21, 2024 at 8:47 am)Foxaèr Wrote: Maybe try Amazon?

I recently posted my complaint on the Amazon customer chat site. Reply pending.

Sorry, I meant have the deliveries sent by Amazon instead of UPS.
~ Erin Hunter
You might want to go to the local UPS facility and pitch a fit in person. Worked for me.
(March 21, 2024 at 9:11 am)Foxaèr Wrote:
(March 21, 2024 at 9:06 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: I recently posted my complaint on the Amazon customer chat site. Reply pending.

Sorry, I meant have the deliveries sent by Amazon instead of UPS.

Amazon also uses UPS for deliveries.

USP phone: 1-888-742-5877
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Place a big sign at the entrance to your property: deliveries to be placed at front door.
~ Erin Hunter
Problem is they have X deliveries to make and if they get them all done by 3 PM they can bugger off. Short of a sniper with a long gun for encouragement they've no reason to even read those kind of signs.
What about your houseboy? Can't you designate packages to be delivered on days he visits?
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Serious] "Doing Brain-ups", how do you exercise your brain? Gawdzilla Sama 22 1367 October 16, 2020 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Crowd sourcing solutions to package thievery Jackalope 20 2267 November 15, 2018 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Joods