Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parenting
Parenting
Well I hate to be a nosey nelly, but when your conversations on on a speakerphone that I can hear from 2 rooms over I can't help but listen.

I love the irony of a parent ranting about someone else's kid who's 6 years old on a sippy cup that let their own kid sleep in the bed with them for 11 years every night...

What's the most laughable parenting thing you've heard of recently <Wait till Min get's his Christian parents brainwashing their kids out of the way first>?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Parenting
I regard religious indoctrination as child abuse, Tacky.  Nothing at all funny about brainwashing children.
To me it’s kidless people trying to tell me what I’m not doing right.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I knoew you wouldn't let me down min

yes Jack, I agree nothing like a 30year old with no kids that's been doing childcare all their lives as a way to fulfill their need for children, telling me how I should parent my child and that I'm not changing diapers the correct way.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

People having little people. Funniest shit I ever saw.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 23, 2018 at 4:50 pm)tackattack Wrote: I knoew you wouldn't let me down min

yes Jack, I agree nothing like a 30year old with no kids that's been doing childcare all their lives as a way to fulfill their need for children, telling me how I should parent my child and that I'm not changing diapers the correct way.

ARE you changing nappies the right way?*

*30+ year old with no kids want to know.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
There wasn't a right way. You did it good enough or you cleaned up the mess afterwords. My kids survived to adulthood and I never cleaned up poop off the floor from them, not from pets... unfortunately their diapers are too expensive to be prudent.

(November 23, 2018 at 4:50 pm)tackattack Wrote: I knoew you wouldn't let me down min

Lol I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, but I actually agree to this very much. People thinking babysitting is the same as parenting is naive, if you ask me.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I detest those strangers you run across in public who say, 10 times in my earshot "that's the LAST time I'm going to tell you....."

Yeah.  Right.

And the ones who think the toy aisles at Walmart is a great place to let their kids run wild while they shop elsewhere in the store.

[Image: 1337071421225_7306028.png]
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
I watched my oldest and her husband treat their daughter like a princess who had no rules - just staff - 'cause, presumably, she was just so darned precious and perfect.

Best laughs of my life come from watching them try to deal with the now 13 year old princess who doesn't understand why there should suddenly be rules and my daughter laments hearing my words come out her own mouth.

I didn't tell them how to raise her...would never have done so.  Parents need to learn how to raise their child and each child is different and needs different parenting.  

Karma... Coffee

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parenting rules? Losty 36 1624 September 10, 2018 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  What kind of parenting is this? bozo 20 4494 September 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Parenting - Split parental views. Spencer 14 6292 August 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Spencer