Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must see SCOTUS cases.
Thumbs Up 
Must see SCOTUS cases.
All sorts of stuff coming up.

I'm betting that they will go against NY and find favorably for the NRA.

Best I can figure it - what it will do is simply remove the need for CCW applicant to " show need".

The applicant will still have to meet all other legal criteria. Felons and whackadoodle will not have the legal right to carry a gun.

But if you apply and meet criteria - they have to issue the permit.

Sounds good to me. Why should only the rich and powerful be allowed to carry? - as is now the case.
RE: Must see SCOTUS cases.
(October 4, 2021 at 5:11 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: All sorts of stuff coming up.

Best I can figure it - what it will do is simply remove the need for CCW applicant to " show need".

The applicant will still have to meet all other legal criteria. Felons and whackadoodle will not have the legal right to carry a gun.

Sounds good to me. Why should only the rich and powerful be allowed to carry? - as is now the case.

What kind of ‘need’ would applicants be required to show? I mean, it seems like a silly requirement, because no one really needs a gun.

Also, I didn’t realize that you were one of the ‘rich and powerful’. Well done!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 4, 2021 at 5:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

What kind of ‘need’ would applicants be required to show? I mean, it seems like a silly requirement, because no one really needs a gun.

Also, I didn’t realize that you were one of the ‘rich and powerful’. Well done!

Boru
I'm not in NY smartass...

I am in Michigan - which has been " shall issue" for 20 years.

And my needs are not yours to decide.
I’m not trying to determine your needs, I was wondering if you know what sort of needs must be demonstrated in the law at issue.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 4, 2021 at 6:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not trying to determine your needs, I was wondering if you know what sort of needs must be demonstrated in the law at issue.

Boru
If it (NY) Is anything like Michigan was back in the 80s - if you weren' t connected to somebody on the gun board ( the deciding agency) you were not getting one - period.

A friend of mine and I tried. We both had excellent references - me having just finished a second service enlistment - being qualified expert with shotgun, pistol and rifle - and holding a top secret security clearance and having been bonded for.a side job. My buddy was ex State Department and had good reference letters and handgun and rifle qualifications...

Not good enough....

Rejected.

I expect NY is like that - from what my niece has said. She lives there and is the only.member of the family who does not have a concealed carry permit.
So…you don’t know. Okay.

Boru

Yes, murder hornets are not an invasive species. The more murder hornets we have, the less stings humans will be victim of.
(October 4, 2021 at 8:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Yes, murder hornets are not an invasive species. The more murder hornets we have, the less stings humans will be victim of.

Meds.

Take them.
(October 4, 2021 at 8:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Please stop comparing guns to bugs. It’s just silly.

Boru
A gun is an unnecessary want, not a need.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another SCOTUS ruling that is also very scary. Brian37 19 1473 June 27, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  The a holes did it, they seated Amy as SCOTUS Brian37 20 994 October 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 689 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Up See what overpopulation does? onlinebiker 7 610 March 26, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8215 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1693 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Arizona Gets One Right. Must Have Been An Accident. Minimalist 0 427 October 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1338 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The scourge of migrants must be dealt with... Brian37 6 667 September 3, 2018 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 761 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0