Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:27 am

Poll: Do u vote for the left wing or right wing government
This poll is closed.
Left wing
66.67%
6 66.67%
Right wing
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do u want there to be a God? Any God?
As I'v already said I don't rate belief. I hold knowledge up as the highest form of truth.
Thought outranks belief in my book as one is based on logic while the other is based on emotion.

But an intersting issue is desire. I find this much more intersting than belief
So the question is

Why? or why not?

Ive also added a political poll as im interested to learn what the political preferances of atheists are.
RE: Do u want there to be a God? Any God?
What the heck does ones political affiliation have to do with their religiosity ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 12, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Amarok Wrote: What the heck does ones political affiliation have to do with their religiosity ?

WoW the reaction to a simple question is head scratching.
U don't have to answer it. Im not forcing u
I wouldn't want some sort of all powerful, all present, all knowing creature. If such a thing could exist, it would become corrupt quite quickly because there wouldn't be any checks or balances. With the abrahamic one, we just have to trust that little babies needed to die for things happening outside their control because reasons. Or that some psychopath that spoke to god on his deathbed deserves to be in heaven more than the model citizen who either didn't pick the right god, or just didn't devote his life to one at all.

It might be nice to be able to appeal to some higher power to gain protection in this life against things that are outside my control. Or to promptly punish those who abuse their power for personal gain.

Though I think, given the choice, most of us would want to be the god. To be on top, and try to make the world better for people who deserve it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 12, 2018 at 8:33 pm)Agnostico Wrote:
(December 12, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Amarok Wrote: What the heck does ones political affiliation have to do with their religiosity ?

The impression I get is that you are not being honest about your position or your intentions. I can't speak for Amarok but you seem to have some sort of agenda here and it feels like any response would be just playing into whatever game you have going on.
I kind if want you to respond to people who took the time to post in your other threads before you make new ones. But, that’s just me.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Fuck all polls.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 12, 2018 at 8:27 pm)Agnostico Wrote: As I'v already said I don't rate belief. I hold knowledge up as the highest form of truth.
Thought outranks belief in my book as one is based on logic while the other is based on emotion.

But an intersting issue is desire. I find this much more intersting than belief
So the question is

Why? or why not?

Ive also added a political poll as im interested to learn what the political preferances of atheists are.

100% emphatic "HELL NO!"

The thought of being a lab rat, toy, prop, property, of something that has absolute power over me is Orwellian. 

I have no problem one bit accepting that I am a product of nature, not a play. It is certainly no fun thinking about death, nor do I want it, but I have no fear of punishment after I die, than I fear my life 4 billion years ago.

What I want is now, while I am alive, and that is enough for me. I want love, friendship, happiness, and a safe place to live. Outside that, I have no control over lots of things. But to think of myself as an object, a prop, a minion, to solely benefit a dictator, for only it's glorification, isn't anything I want any part of.

Your reply Agnostico, reminds me of  :-

Quote:The Pot Calling the kettle Black.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction...ttle-black

"something you say that means: people should not criticise someone else for a fault that they have themselves"

Perhaps we should all take a leaf out of your book, and not answer you, since there's no forcing, (in either direction).

Quote:Take a leaf out of/from someone’s book

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dict...one-s-book

"to copy what someone else does because they are successful at doing it"

Lalala
There are no atheists in terrorist training camps.

Your poll talks about politics 

While your title is about religion 

I'm simply asking why you would structure it that way ? Because it doesn't seem to make any sense .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 237 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 390 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4229 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Purpose? Is there any? Seek3r 10 1211 July 23, 2020 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 2879 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6884 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How to easily defeat any argument for God Tom Fearnley 629 31790 November 22, 2019 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Tom Fearnley
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any ? Rahn127 1167 87776 January 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 11665 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Why are there barely any teens on AF? DodosAreDead 22 3354 July 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist