Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those who want you DEAD!
Those who want you DEAD!
Are you Atheist?  If so, there are countries out there where being so could get you sentenced to death!  From doing a search, these are the countries that sentence people to death for being Atheist.  Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.  What do all those countries have in common?  They are all muslim countries.  Though Nigeria is a bit of a toss up.  With the northern part of that country being mostly muslim and the southern part being mostly christian.

Now comes the interesting part.  This is supposedly an Atheist forum.  With members here presumably being Atheist.  But I would be willing to bet that for any Atheist here to speak against the religion of those who want you DEAD is strictly forbidden.  No doubt doing so could break any number of rules here.  How insane is that!  Would you care to discuss this further?  Well on the off chance that you are an Atheist, not a troll and sane, send me a PM.  Strangely enough, from what I have found, not even in a PM is freedom of speech allowed.  But it is a good starting point.
RE: Those who want you DEAD!
Well, so much for the welcome I offered.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(July 22, 2024 at 7:38 pm)unlocker Wrote: Are you Atheist?  If so, there are countries out there where being so could get you sentenced to death!  From doing a search, these are the countries that sentence people to death for being Atheist.  Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.  What do all those countries have in common?  They are all muslim countries.  Though Nigeria is a bit of a toss up.  With the northern part of that country being mostly muslim and the southern part being mostly christian.

Now comes the interesting part.  This is supposedly an Atheist forum.  With members here presumably being Atheist.  But I would be willing to bet that for any Atheist here to speak against the religion of those who want you DEAD is strictly forbidden.  No doubt doing so could break any number of rules here.  How insane is that!  Would you care to discuss this further?  Well on the off chance that you are an Atheist, not a troll and sane, send me a PM.  Strangely enough, from what I have found, not even in a PM is freedom of speech allowed.  But it is a good starting point.

I think you'll find that people here are happy to speak against Islam, and every other religion. 

For example, here is a post made by the poster called "no one," as amended by the poster called brewer:

Quote:the minds that invented godiboi is an emotionally and intellectually stunted toddler with major abandonment issues as well as a massive inferiority complex. Not to mention severely closted.

It's in the section called "Random Thoughts."

"godiboi" is "no one"'s word for God. I suspect he would be happy to include Allah in this category. Note that grammatically, subject/verb agreement is not strictly followed, since the message outweighs other considerations.
[Image: bl-XSv.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 22, 2024 at 7:38 pm)unlocker Wrote: Are you Atheist?  If so, there are countries out there where being so could get you sentenced to death!  From doing a search, these are the countries that sentence people to death for being Atheist.  Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.  What do all those countries have in common?  They are all muslim countries.  Though Nigeria is a bit of a toss up.  With the northern part of that country being mostly muslim and the southern part being mostly christian.

Islam is a barbaric, garbage religion. See? Not forbidden after all.

For the record, there are people who want me dead for reasons that have nothing to do with my atheism.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 22, 2024 at 7:38 pm)unlocker Wrote: But I would be willing to bet that for any Atheist here to speak against the religion of those who want you DEAD is strictly forbidden.  No doubt doing so could break any number of rules here.

A few points to make here:

1) Most of us have enough wits to distinguish between a religion, its adherent, and governments. What you're talking about are laws put into place by governments run by the nastiest adherents of certain religions. Sure, it's pretty horrible, but you have to recognize that there are a whole lot of Muslims that don't want you dead. And probably a bunch of zealots from other religions that do want you dead.

2) Last I checked there wasn't a Mod on this forum who would object to any of us calling out religion in general for being little more than the politics of superstition and Islam in specific for being a religion founded by a nomadic warlord who liked his girls younger than most of us are comfortable with and little different than any of the other Abrahamic nonsense. Just try not to commit any hate crimes, OK?

Yup...................
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 22, 2024 at 8:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Islam is a barbaric, garbage religion. See? Not forbidden after all.

For the record, there are people who want me dead for reasons that have nothing to do with my atheism.

Boru
Are you a Catholic atheist, or a Protestant atheist?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

In your intro thread, you said this:

Quote:the powers that be don't like Atheists.  The psychological tricks they have at their disposal to control your mind are legion.  Such as creating a forum for a certain thing when they are in fact opposed to that thing.  It is as Lenin said.  "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

I'm curious about your experiences with the kind of tricks you mention. Have you been on sites run by "the powers that be" (I think you're talking about non-atheists) which attempt to manipulate the opinions of atheists? How does that work? 

No doubt Lenin was right about opposition groups, and I suspect there are people putting his ideas into practice today. But I've never seen such tricks on atheist web sites. Do you have any links? Can you tell us of your experiences with (attempted) mind control?
This smells of stinky sock
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 5074 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Those who never believed in a God Der/die AtheistIn 28 5751 July 30, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Have you ever had one of those days? dyresand 14 4796 December 25, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Oh you want a pice of me Norris? Zidneya 15 3888 October 6, 2014 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  To those who were once believers and are now atheists, some advice? *Deidre* 20 5757 March 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Question to those who, Calmedady 34 6769 December 17, 2011 at 11:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger