Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and Cakes
Atheists and Cakes
Heres a question for you:

Why do so many atheists  want to force Christian bakers to bake cakes for gay couples?

They don't approve of the lifestyle and deem it immoral. I fully believe that is their right.

Why must a devout Christian have to bake a cake to celebrate something he or she does not believe in?

Please tell me.
RE: Atheists and Cakes
Because we live in a country under rule of law, not gods. I don't believe in your stupid, hateful religion...but by law, and by what is rationally right.... I have to accommodate it. The same is true for you in interaction with others.

If you don't want to bake gay cakes..if there is such a thing..then don't be a fucking baker? Start a church, instead..and our laws will protect your hateful and bigoted beliefs. Not so difficult, right? A man can't serve god and mammon at once. It's up to him to make the choice between them.

Right......?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 28, 2018 at 12:18 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Because we live in a country under rule of law, not gods.  I don;t believe in your stupid, hateful religion...but by law, and by what is rationally right.... I have to accommodate it.  The same is true for you in interaction with others.

I know a fine upstanding Christian woman in my town. She runs Miss Joann's cakes and vittles.

She believes in Godly values and Christian morality. That obviously has nothing to do with homosexual marriage.

If the gays want a cake baked for them...why must they force pious people to do it?

It seems unfair..and a violation of peoples right to their own livelihood.
-on a related note...why would anyone who loves christ use christ as an excuse to be an asshole about a cake?

Telling a story about a "fine upstanding christian woman" and then using her faith as an excuse to be an asshole demeans her and christ, all at once, don't you think?

Sup...for he so loved the world (no homo) that he gave his only begotten son (no homo)....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
At work.

Hello! Smile

I thought it came down to good buisness practice.

Do you, as a buisness owner, want to have the largest market share possible?

If not, then accept the profit loss and 'Move on'.

I perfectly understand buisnesses being able to have the ability to NOT provide services to clients.

Pretty sure there's no law forcing such. After all, a buisness should not be forced to service an organization such as the KKK, for example.

I hope my rambling reply helps a tad.
Muricans are obsessed with the idea, of late, that the law should adjudicate their religious allegiances.  No court wants that trouble, but here we are.

It's almost as if business owners didn't research the relevant statutes when they went into business, or something...lol. Wanna be a baker..well, the law says that if you decide..of your own free will...to be a baker...that means that you have to "gasp"................ bake cakes.

I know, I know, what kind of baker signed up to bake cakes, amiright? They got into the cake business to make christer god happy, he's super interested in cakes.....everyone knows that!

Wink
Remember THE good old days? When shops had little signs that said 'no dogs. No jews. No coloreds.'
Ah yes, the good old days.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Regarding the OP.

The bigger question - is why are you so concerned about where some guy is sticking his dick?
If an atheist told christards not to pray in their restaurant, there would be hell to pay! Don't you think? Oh that's right, you don't!
(December 28, 2018 at 12:14 am)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Heres a question for you:

Why do so many atheists  want to force Christian bakers to bake cakes for gay couples?

They don't approve of the lifestyle and deem it immoral. I fully believe that is their right.

Why must a devout Christian have to bake a cake to celebrate something he or she does not believe in?

Please tell me.
For the same reasons a racist white baker can't refuse to bake/sell a cake to a black couple. For the same reasons a Christian baker can't refuse to bake/sell a cake to a Jewish couple. It's called discrimination, and it's against the law.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1841 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4325 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet