Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool Background Check
Tool Background Check
Piss on guns - we need stronger tool regulation.

I bought a quad from the neighbor ( who I assume is blameless) and have been doing some work on it. Front wheel bearings, brakes, ect - all needed attention. But I noted an odd chirping that sounded like an exhaust leak. ( I have another identical quad - so I know what it' s supposed to sound like.

I pulled the sparkplug (you could see it hadn't been out in a while from the crud around it) - to find the head damaged at the entrance of the spark plug hole. It looks like they took a chisel to it. One edge of the hole had chisel marks 1/8 inch deep. I am amazed that the threads are clear enough for the plug to go in and out.

I have no idea why what the " mechanic" who did this was doing - but it' s clear he is a mental case - and shouldn't be allowed to play with tools.

I'll be spending the morning building the tooling to re-surface the sealing area of the plug. For extra fun - I don't have a 12mm x 1.25mm tap, die, or gauge - so I get to single point it on the lathe, and gauge it over wires compared to the spark plug....

Changing the back gears on the lathe is sooooo much fun.

Dodgy
RE: Tool Background Check
We had 5.5" box-end slugging wrenches that were used to tighten the foundation bolts on the main engines. They also made good dumbbells. Once in a while I'd have a dumbbell who wouldn't put the dumbbells away. That was always fun.
You should see what they are using drills for these days.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I finally got it fixed - and figured out what the moron did.

He (had to be a he - women stop before fucking things up this badly) must have somehow broke the sparkplug off at the base of the plug - leaving the 12mm treaded steel tip in the head. 

He then attempted to beat the plug out with a chisel - before using a EZout to remove it.

The only way I can see how you could do this??? Trying to remove the plug - with clockwise pressure.

Demand your Congresscritter act now to pass Tool Control legislation.
Nope when it's equal too a gun I might . I won't go over the difference again .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

A gun IS a tool.

Another definition of tool is - a humorless sot.

How aprepo....

Clap
Righty tighty, lefty loosey.
*waits for Brian37 to come all ragey*

A gun is a tool, yes, one that is meant to kill, it is wise to at least put regulations like gun courses, psych evaluations, taking a gun license. Most hunters here do that and everything is peachy.

For defense in my home, I sleep by a galvanized steel pipe. Tight quarters and all that.
(December 29, 2018 at 7:12 am)LastPoet Wrote: For defense in my home, I sleep by a galvanized steel pipe. Tight quarters and all that.

I've accumulated a fair few edged weapons over the past half century. Cool
(December 29, 2018 at 7:12 am)LastPoet Wrote: *waits for Brian37 to come all ragey*

A gun is a tool, yes, one that is meant to kill, it is wise to at least put regulations like gun courses, psych evaluations, taking a gun license. Most hunters here do that and everything is peachy.

For defense in my home, I sleep by a galvanized steel pipe. Tight quarters and all that.

In close quarters I can get a better swing than your piece of pipe, with a Smith and Wesson J frame Airlite, with Crimson Trace lasergrips. 32 H + R mag.

Just about 300 ft/lbs --- times six.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alert Survival Check-in Foxaèr 21 1050 October 5, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What will you spend your stimulus check on? onlinebiker 28 2492 March 27, 2020 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  He, he...the new AF background looks scary! Jehanne 11 995 September 29, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Stupid Spell Check. Brian37 19 2205 March 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You Should Check This Out Excited Penguin 77 7721 April 3, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  My New Tool Cinjin 57 6787 March 28, 2014 at 10:34 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  What is Your Racial Background? Walking Void 81 8831 June 16, 2013 at 4:43 am
Last Post: ideologue08
  This site is awesome! Check it out. Gambit 4 2212 June 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Gambit
  Tornado Alley Check-In Shell B 32 8462 March 7, 2012 at 12:39 am