Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break up movies
Break up movies
So, I'm currently in the midst of a painful, frustrating and sometimes infuriating break up.  It's hard to walk away from 8 years together, but you have to do what you have to do.  I don't want to go into detail out here in public, but I could use a little input coping.

I was looking for breakup movies and someone suggested Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I gave it a watch and I liked it; in fact, I may need to watch it again.  

What's better, it seemed to help me get emotionally stabilized a bit better.  It seems to be the kind of movie that does the two important things for me to recover:  it makes me think, but it's also very emotional.  So I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions for movies that meet those criteria that might help me get through things?  Any ideas on what I could watch on Netflix this weekend?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Break up movies
The only difference between looking for solace in movies and religion - is the movie is cheaper - and they ask for your money up front.

Sadly though, movies aren't tax deductible.

Perhaps they should be.

Wink
Hmmmm what about An Unmarried Woman (1978) - comedy

The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant - brutal
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: rhkhg3.jpg]

Yi Yi
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I just searched "breakup" in netflix and got a lot of hits. This Peruvian one looks pretty fun: https://www.netflix.com/watch/81020005?t...67c2%2C%2C\

--edit--

I just started watching it, and it looks really good!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reader's Digest movies. Gawdzilla Sama 2 556 November 15, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Amazing movies that are terrible biographies Shell B 59 16007 September 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Colbert On The Putin-WLB Break Up Minimalist 2 364 August 4, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  My Top 10 Superhero Movies Mechaghostman2 10 2046 October 8, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jesster
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1265 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  My Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Mechaghostman2 92 14013 June 26, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Organic Machine
  Top 10 Dinosaur Movies Mechaghostman2 12 2416 June 6, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Shitty movies you've seen vorlon13 89 12279 January 9, 2016 at 9:44 pm