Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That' s What They Cost!!
That' s What They Cost!!
Have you ever gone to purchase something in a retail store - and had a clerk ring up your purchase - and they inform you it' s triple or quadruple of what the price should be?? Do you pay that price without qualm? Do you balk - only to be told " That's what they cost!!"?? Does that work? Do you then pay it??

Example - I went into the new "boutique gun shop" to buy a set of scope rings. They should cost between $20 and $30 dollars. They had the Leupold brand. A good brand. The guy goes to ring them up - $91. Sayyyy whaaaat???

I don't think so - and tell the boy so. "That's what they cost!!". Hmmmmphh .... Maybe on YOUR planet, Sonny.. I walk out, without buying.

I go across the street. To Walmart. They have Weaver brand. ( a good choice - considering they invented the Weaver base mounting system that I have)

$9.

THAT'S " what they cost "....
RE: That' s What They Cost!!
Well, the "boutique gun shop" can't compete with Wal-Mart on price so they make up for it by ripping you off, of course.

It's just another value-added service.
(February 10, 2019 at 10:42 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Have you ever gone to purchase something in a retail store - and had a clerk ring up your purchase - and they inform you it' s triple or quadruple of what the price should be?? Do you pay that price without qualm? Do you balk - only to be told " That's what they cost!!"?? Does that work? Do you then pay it??

Example - I went into the new "boutique gun shop" to buy a set of scope rings. They should cost between $20 and $30 dollars. They had the Leupold brand. A good brand. The guy goes to ring them up - $91. Sayyyy whaaaat???

I don't think so - and tell the boy so. "That's what they cost!!". Hmmmmphh .... Maybe on YOUR planet, Sonny.. I walk out, without buying.

I go across the street. To Walmart. They have Weaver brand. ( a good choice - considering they invented the Weaver base mounting system that I have)

$9.

Well now you aren't going to be able to act smug and superior when you talk about your purchases at the boutique shop. And your friends are going to pity you because you buy things at Walmart.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
I'm soooooo ashamed....

Blush
I went to the boutique gun shop and bought my scope rings for $19.99. Blush 
That $90 has to be some kind of mistake in their system.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Are you sure you didn't confuse scope rings with cock rings?

Maybe "gun" was a euphemism.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 10, 2019 at 1:44 pm)wyzafs Wrote: Are you sure you didn't confuse scope rings with cock rings?

Maybe "gun" was a euphemism.

Rings?

Plural?

Damn - you must be popular with the ladies.

I just have the one.

Clap
(February 10, 2019 at 10:42 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Have you ever gone to purchase something in a retail store - and had a clerk ring up your purchase - and they inform you it' s triple or quadruple of what the price should be?? Do you pay that price without qualm? Do you balk - only to be told " That's what they cost!!"?? Does that work? Do you then pay it??

$9.

Wasn't the price marked before the clerk rang up your purchase?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 10, 2019 at 2:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

$9.

Wasn't the price marked before the clerk rang up your purchase?

Boru

How 1960' s....

Big Grin

That USED to be the norm - but now - sometimes the retailer marks stuff - sometimes they don' t.

Annoying?

Yes.

Not much help for it though..
(February 10, 2019 at 5:19 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(February 10, 2019 at 2:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Wasn't the price marked before the clerk rang up your purchase?

Boru

How 1960' s....

Big Grin

That USED to be the norm - but now - sometimes the retailer marks stuff - sometimes they don' t.

Annoying?

Yes.

Not much help for it though..

Well, I don't spend a lot of time in gun shops, but everywhere I go has prices clearly marked.  Maybe you should be a more careful shopper.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do cigarettes cost? onlinebiker 69 4028 September 20, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1541 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Join My New Blog. won't Cost You Nothing. Rhondazvous 33 3514 May 16, 2016 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Cost of living, OP/ED........ Brian37 20 2964 February 14, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  People comment on my atheism. They comment on me being liberal. Now they can comment Handprint 30 8113 December 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Biting article about the true cost of being open-minded. Rhizomorph13 2 1520 March 1, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  If they can't get you at home they'll mail their shit to you! binny 11 4347 October 21, 2009 at 3:25 am
Last Post: fr0d0