Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired?
Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired?
I've been a bit worried about my mental health. Sometimes when I go to sleep I worry that when I wake up I am going to be insane. Like I am going to have some sort of dream that will be so terrifying, that when I wake up I won't be able to hold it together and my mind will be totally screwed over. Then sometimes right when I wake up, when I stop dreaming and see the black backs of my eye lids, right in between that half asleep and half awake stage, I hear this clicking sound that when I come to I realize is just a figment of my imagination and then it's gone. It only happens in those half asleep stages though, but man it's a scary feeling, and it's a scary as hell feeling to hear things that aren't there. I worry sometimes what would happen if I started hearing things during the day, and not just at those specific instances.
RE: Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired?
I don't know what's going on with you. AN MD visit/sleep study might be in order.

I have heard of this, though.
http://www.livescience.com/45532-explodi...order.html
I don't know if I can relate to precisely what you're talking about but I've experienced some weird sleep related thought patterns/dreams.

Sometimes when I have a lack of sleep I have VERY random sporadic depressing thoughts.  Like I might be eating something and I'll think "I might aswell eat 100 of these, get diabetes, get fat and just fucking die."  Or I'll be in work and I'll think I might aswell just live there forever and not even live a life outside work.

But they're not very long lasting thoughts usually, I imagine they're very short stabs of what manic depression feels like maybe.

Also I've experience sleep paralysis, it varies but I usually feel like I'm asleep and awake at the same time, I can only move very slowly and I never know whether I actually moved at all or if it was just in the dream.  Sometimes it's accompanied by very strange loud sounds that sound a bit like a cross between aphex twin or slipknot.

I don't really fear going insane though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Not really.
Have you been experiencing terrifying dreams or are you just terrified of terrifying dreams?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 11, 2016 at 1:17 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Have you been experiencing terrifying dreams or are you just terrified of terrifying dreams?
I don't really get terrifying dreams. After the presidential debate especially, I went to bed feeling like I was going to have a terrifying dream and wake up insane. I don't go to bed every night feeling this way, but I do feel extra paranoid when I'm tired. Like, I become paranoid of dark spaces in my house, I end up going to bed without making a sound because even though I know nothing is there logically, being tired makes me afraid of dark spaces. I think it's stress related, because about a year ago when I was under more stress I actually would wake up sometimes petrified with fear, after waking up from a dream where I felt like something was reaching out from behind me and trying to grab me. I don't get those dreams anymore fortunately.
At times where I have let depression get ahold of me for too long, I would start isolating myself and fall into very abnormal sleep patterns. I didn't have the same experiences that you are describing, but I can kind of relate. It really started to fuck with my head. I don't have any advice for you because I don't know what's causing it in your case. You know yourself better than I do. Try to take care of yourself during the day, though.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Hypnopompic state?

Sleep inertia?

Sleep deprivation?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Not really, but lack of sleep/a weird sleeping pattern definitely makes me more erratic, emotional and impulsive. Currently going through it at the moment due to being ill, though I'm lucid at the moment (just got The Voices for company as usual).
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I can relate, albeit our relationship to sleep seems totally contrasting on its face, I believe we have, ultimately, the same problem. We need and resent sleep in the same precise amounts.

For me, insomnia acts as the equivalent of a very choicely unfortunate episode of inebriation, at times, complete with the artificially spawned focus and clarity residing with the partaking of spirits. It precipitates decisions from my brain that I end up regretting in full as soon as the sleep deprivation that caused them is satisfactorily accounted for(in more ways than one). The hangover can be potentially never-ending with this one. Nor does this type of infliction offer the same apologetic weight behind one's subsequent attempts at issuing reparations in one's past wake of destruction, at least as a matter of social occurence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 401 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2443 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 721 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1103 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 613 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1069 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2323 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tired BrokenQuill92 9 587 March 14, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2588 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Do you feel loved? Cod 46 3025 October 16, 2019 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Cod