Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Jesus (had he existed at all) Fucked Up
Where Jesus (had he existed at all) Fucked Up
Watching G-C twist his scrotum into knots in another thread about these bullshit "prophesies" that his fictitious godboy supposedly fulfilled I could not resist pointing out that the Jews ( it is, after all, their fucking book) had a clear set of requirements for their version of the Messiah. Let's see how many the godboy managed to attain.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles...andjesus#1

Quote:What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

Nope

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

Nope

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

Nope

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Nope

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

Jesus...like a bad hitter goes 0 for 4 but xtians claim he'll do better in the next game. Horseshit. A god should be able to pull off everything without having to come back.

RE: Where Jesus (had he existed at all) Fucked Up
Just had this argument/discussion (against all sense) with my boss.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
MIn.

It is also my understanding that the Messiah is to be a warrior-priest-king, like David. (assuming HE existed, which is also increasingly unlikely,except possibly as a village chief)

PLUS the Messiah is meant to rule ,not die.

--or have I misunderstood.
Yeah - I do love it when xtians try to tell jews how to be jews.
Here's my problem with prophecies:

1. How do we know if a prophecy is met as opposed to being retconned, reading into the text what isn't there?

2. No time limit. My predictions would be pretty accurate too if we had no determined date by which a judgment call was made on its fulfillment.
"People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers." - Mythology for Profit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1385 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2158 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3980 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34435 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4477 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  What if Christianity never existed? 1994Californication 32 8753 January 15, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Christians - What would you do if it were discovered Jesus never existed? Cecelia 165 33723 September 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67158 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  If i had a dollar for every time... dyresand 22 5777 January 10, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Kirk Cameron-Don't drink the koolaid and think Christmas had pagan origins. downbeatplumb 122 18245 December 8, 2014 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Tonus