Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hipsters All Look Alike!
Hipsters All Look Alike!
So much for being different!

Quote:https://www.npr.org/2019/03/10/702063209...as-himself
In other words, the guy who'd threatened to sue us for misusing his image wasn't the one in the photo. He'd misidentified himself.

All of which just proves the story we ran: Hipsters look so much alike that they can’t even tell themselves apart from each other. /ENDS
— Gideon Lichfield (@glichfield) March 6, 2019
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Hipsters All Look Alike!
Man, they should have been around when Carnaby St. was popular.
(March 11, 2019 at 6:52 am)chimp3 Wrote: So much for being different!

Quote:https://www.npr.org/2019/03/10/702063209...as-himself
In other words, the guy who'd threatened to sue us for misusing his image wasn't the one in the photo. He'd misidentified himself.

All of which just proves the story we ran: Hipsters look so much alike that they can’t even tell themselves apart from each other. /ENDS
— Gideon Lichfield (@glichfield) March 6, 2019

True, but they're looking alike ironically.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 12, 2019 at 2:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 11, 2019 at 6:52 am)chimp3 Wrote: So much for being different!

True, but they're looking alike ironically.

Boru

I thought that dressing like everyone else ironically to look cool was cool before it was cool.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Being different is perfectly acceptable, as long as we all do it together.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hipsters are an interesting breed because they, ironically (no pun intended), think they're smarter than everyone else and that it makes them unique. And the hilarious part of it is that none of them think they're hipsters. Plaid + ironic facial hair + interest in obscure music doesn't make you cool. You're probably just a douche.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Two weeks ago it was "the goths"; next week it was "the emo"; the week after it was "the hipsters".
Don't you realize it, yet? fashion giants will never run out of styles to advertise for.

and the majority will never see the big picture
♫Forever in blue jeans♫
(March 13, 2019 at 7:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ♫Forever in blue jeans♫

Best style ever. Jeans are immortal
(March 13, 2019 at 8:50 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(March 13, 2019 at 7:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ♫Forever in blue jeans♫

Best style ever. Jeans are immortal

I don't wear the blue ones. Only black ones. The same style and brand, everyday. My shirt is the same color, style, and brand everyday. When I need to be more formal, I just throw on a black jacket. I have no respect for style. I just wear the same simple style everyday for year after year. People might not recognize me if I wore anything else. I seriously don't understand style, and would be very troubled if I ever had to put any thought into what I am going to wear.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loan offers that look just like checks. Jehanne 6 707 December 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Do we look like the Shell Answer Man? onlinebiker 8 594 December 7, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Look it up in the dictionary.... Brian37 13 876 June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2027 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Look What Alex, mh, Borum Vorlon, et al Helped me Accoimpish Rhondazvous 18 2641 September 16, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8594 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4791 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What's your retirement look like? J a c k 45 2863 December 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why can't creationists look through God? ScienceAf 33 5643 September 7, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  What is your most ideal look for a man and woman? Catholic_Lady 255 40686 July 17, 2016 at 6:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13