Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loan offers that look just like checks.
Loan offers that look just like checks.
I got another yesterday, and you have to open it, just to be sure, but, it's really starting to get irritating. What can be done?
RE: Loan offers that look just like checks.
Publisher's Clearing House used to do the same thing. Show a check, but then opening the envelope revealed you had to enter a sweepstakes.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I remember those; until you mentioned it, had completely forgot about them; it's been 10 or so years since my last one, but, used to get them once a year, a large, worthless envelope that was immediately destined for the recycle bin. What a waste of precious trees!
(October 9, 2022 at 10:16 am)Jehanne Wrote: I remember those; until you mentioned it, had completely forgot about them; it's been 10 or so years since my last one, but, used to get them once a year, a large, worthless envelope that was immediately destined for the recycle bin.  What a waste of precious trees!

[Image: YTlRGlU.jpg]
(October 9, 2022 at 9:39 am)Jehanne Wrote: I got another yesterday, and you have to open it, just to be sure, but, it's really starting to get irritating.  What can be done?

I've heard it suggested to send it back in whatever envelope is provided.  Let the company pay more postage.  I can't really be arsed to do all that, but I have a shredder that handles those pretty well.

Now that the powers that be have figured out that I am not going for an extended warranty on my car, I am now invited to share in the case of the water at Camp Lejeune..somewhere I have never been.  It's a spammy, spam world.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 29, 2022 at 5:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 9, 2022 at 9:39 am)Jehanne Wrote: I got another yesterday, and you have to open it, just to be sure, but, it's really starting to get irritating.  What can be done?

I've heard it suggested to send it back in whatever envelope is provided.  Let the company pay more postage.  I can't really be arsed to do all that, but I have a shredder that handles those pretty well.

Now that the powers that be have figured out that I am not going for an extended warranty on my car, I am now invited to share in the case of the water at Camp Lejeune..somewhere I have never been.  It's a spammy, spam world.

Feel ya. I keep getting emails for me to join the class action against RoundUp weed killer, a product I’ve never used or purchased.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 9, 2022 at 9:42 am)Tomato Wrote: Publisher's Clearing House used to do the same thing. Show a check, but then opening the envelope revealed you had to enter a sweepstakes.

Republicans still do the same thing.  Campaign on fixing inflation and runaway government debt, then hold two years of hearings over Hunter Biden's laptop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we look like the Shell Answer Man? onlinebiker 8 612 December 7, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Look it up in the dictionary.... Brian37 13 903 June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2037 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hipsters All Look Alike! chimp3 12 2064 March 13, 2019 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Look What Alex, mh, Borum Vorlon, et al Helped me Accoimpish Rhondazvous 18 2647 September 16, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8612 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4799 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Just some things I’d like to know about you. Losty 54 9338 April 6, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What's your retirement look like? J a c k 45 2887 December 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2141 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity