Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of 5G
The future of 5G
5G (5th generation WiFi) is something I’ve read a lot about, and I don’t believe the mainstream is giving people all the facts. I highly recommend researching this for yourself, especially if you have children; these are two of the best videos I have found which deliver a lot of information.

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: The future of 5G
Some specific fact that either video addresses that you feel isn't addressed by the mainstream?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Global 5G WIFI: You Won’t Believe What They NOW Have Planned For Humanity! With David Icke!

Sounds legit.   Panic
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Yeah, it's a conspiricy peddling channel, lol...but I assume that Rob has some specific thing in mind and that linking the video isn't meant to cosign every silly thing it (or the channel) contains.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Summary? I feel like when people post videos without summarizing their content, they aren't really encouraging discussion as much as promoting a goddamn video.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(March 25, 2019 at 10:17 am)Divinity Wrote: Summary?  I feel like when people post videos without summarizing their content, they aren't really encouraging discussion as much as promoting a goddamn video.

Donald Trump needs things summarized for him. Don't be such a Donald.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(March 25, 2019 at 12:07 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Donald Trump needs things summarized for him. Don't be such a Donald.

No, Donald Trump doesn't like to read. It's difficult for him, having been unable to pass any classes without daddy bribing the school for him.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(March 25, 2019 at 9:07 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Yeah, it's a conspiricy peddling channel, lol...but I assume that Rob has some specific thing in mind and that linking the video isn't meant to cosign every silly thing it (or the channel) contains.

Yeah... I tried watching the bearded bloke (I think his name is Will BLANKET Tongue ) in order to figure out what that specific thing could possibly be, but I had to give up at  "Anything you can think of, they can do with 5G." 

Guys - do you think 5G can penetrate tin foil?...  Panic
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Yeah, that dude was a nut.  

My favorite was the notion that 5g meant no organic food.  I'm unaware of any organic program anywhere that has a provision that states that if a producer has wifi on-site they'll lose their cert.
Just searched 5G in Australia. Before then, I was barely aware of the term . I guess the ifo below should be similar to your country (?)

BY 2020, Australians will have access to an internet service 100 times faster than the current 4G network and also faster than our pre-existing broadband.

The proposed “5G” wireless network service is expected be to so efficient it will be theoretically possible to download a high-definition movie almost instantaneously.

Despite rollouts expected to begin in high-density, urban hotpots by 2018, global standards for the metrics that will define the 5G network are yet to be determined.

* news.com.au is partnering with Australia’s biggest consumer network to launch The Big Data Switch Campaign — a people-powered campaign that will reduce the cost of mobile and broadband data. Join the campaign here.

Regardless of the specifics, the 5G network will offer faster speeds and lower latency — a shorter time interval between sending and receiving data – than its predecessor.

The introduction of the fight generation network is predicted to offer speeds as high as 10 gigabits per second, which is 100 times faster than the current 4G network.

This speed will offer a whole new plethora of opportunities in regards to online streaming and the “internet of things”.

While the current 4G offering of 15 megabits per second is fast enough to stream songs, stream video or browse the internet, the introduction of 5G will present the ability to download ultra-high definition movies or television seasons in mere seconds.

With Intel predicting there will be more than 50 billion connected devices and systems worldwide by the time 5G is available, devices such as wearables, household gadgets and sensors embedded in industrial products will greatly benefit from the faster speeds and lower latency.

While each of these connected devices might not use much data individually, combined they become sapping on the current bandwidth.

As such, the introduction of the cellular network will shift from a personal communications platform to a computing platform offering universal connectivity.
Download a season of Game of Thrones in seconds? Yes please.

Download a season of Game of Thrones in seconds? Yes please.Source:Supplied

WHAT WILL IT MEAN FOR OUR DATA PLANS?

The telcos are yet to comment, however a 5G cost analysis published by the University of Bridgeport claims phone contracts will have to be amended for the faster speeds.

The report said in order for customers enjoy the features of 5G technology for a price similiar to what they already pay, “the rate per bit will need to be reduced”.

This means telcos will have to reduce the bit rate to (1/100) of the current level in order to receive x100 of data capacity for the same cost customers pay today.

Although, not everyone agrees.

Independant telecommunications analyst Paul Budde said he didn’t expect much to change.

“I don’t think it will have an effect at all,” he told news.com.au.

“The move from 3G to 4G didn’t make a huge difference.”

Mr Budde said for the ordinary consumer, the move to 5G won’t result in a dramatic change in their mobile packages but customers could likely expect an increase in the amount of data allowance – a trend that is already underway.

Improvements in the technological infrastructure such as a move to 5G are “more to do with increasing the efficiency and capacity” of the telco’s network to “allow them to take advantage of greater opportunities in the internet of things,” he said.
One Big Switch

To join the Big Data Switch go to the One Big Switch site.

* There is no obligation to take up any offer. News Corp Australia and One Big Switch will earn a commission from accepted deals. News Corp Australia is a shareholder of One Big Switch.
trending in technology

Samsung launched its Galaxy S10+ smartphones in San Francisco before their March 2019 debut in Australia. Picture: Jennifer Dudley-Nicholson/News Corp Australia
Samsung Galaxy S10: Blood pressure feature comes to MyBP Lab...

https://www.news.com.au/technology/gadge...89c5e8d8fa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you concerned about the future of Social Security? Foxaèr 20 1266 December 22, 2023 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Boston Globe Story for All the Future School Shootings chimp3 25 1804 February 20, 2018 at 3:19 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Happy Back to the Future Day! Aroura 21 3231 October 24, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  This is the Future "Officer" Corps? Minimalist 17 2442 September 7, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Technological advances and the future of the economy TaraJo 3 1773 September 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen