Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:50 am

Poll: Are you concerned?
This poll is closed.
Nope
0%
0 0%
Of course
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you concerned about the future of Social Security?
Are you concerned about the future of Social Security?
Quote:Social Security Raises Alarm Bells for Americans

A growing number of Americans are worried about retirement stability, with roughly 71 percent expressing concern that the Social Security program might not sustain them in their later years.

Newsweek
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Are you concerned about the future of Social Security?
In all honesty, I don't want to live that long.
Well I just checked my "balance" in the SS account. I can see why the GOP want to raid that pot of gold.

I'm fortunate to have 401K and IRAs and have been paying into those at max rates since I started my career. With my luck I'll probably get squished by a falling piano right before I can retire.
Like Nanny, hadn't expected to live to see it. Now I'm getting it, and it's possible for it to be stolen.  Tut Tut
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
i am too busy implementing nuclear annihilation to worry about what comes afterwards.
Quote:Social Security Raises Alarm Bells for Americans

A growing number of Americans are worried about retirement stability, with roughly 71 percent expressing concern that the Social Security program might not sustain them in their later years.
Probably should be. Can you add that option? :-)
I’ve read that Americans with an income above 140k don’t pay into the social security fund. The author of the article crunched the numbers and showed that if these people were taxed, the programme would be solvent for the next hundred years or so.

Seems a dreadfully easy fix.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
^ That is the cap above which no more social security tax is taken from a paycheck. Everyone pays, up to that limit.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I will survive.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I always figured if I get it that it would be a bonus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Send in the social workers. onlinebiker 57 4575 November 1, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1259 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1340 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Social distancing? ignoramus 12 946 April 23, 2020 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Social Distancing: Is 6 feet enough? Rhizomorph13 14 963 April 2, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social distancing vs a day at the beach BrianSoddingBoru4 51 3424 March 27, 2020 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social distancing vs Prayer onlinebiker 42 2853 March 21, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Oz government crackdown on Social Media fredd bear 24 1723 March 31, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The future of 5G robvalue 10 721 March 27, 2019 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 695 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty