Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translating Theistic Words
Translating Theistic Words
This is the thread where you can post words said by theists and translate them into what you think was really meant.

I'll start.

"I'll pray for you!" (Christianese). Often stated at the end of a discussion/debate/argument when the Christian knows he's losing.

Translation: "Fuck you!"
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Translating Theistic Words
"God works in mysterious ways." (General theism) used for when a theist doesn't know when or how shit goes down.

Translation: "OK, that's embarrassingly invalidating of my god's lack of action, but let's ignore that."
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
"It's all part of Gods plan." Used to explain away various disasters and injustices.

Translation: I have no excuse for his incompetence.
''You're angry at god''

I don't really know how to answer your question
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
"It's a miracle."

translates to

"I've been programmed not to think."
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"It's a sin." (Abrahamic religions) An arbitrary rule violation.

Translation: "I've been led to believe it's wrong whatever you're doing, just because."
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Original sin = 'You had nothing to do with it, but I'm going to punish you for it all the same.'

Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy = 'There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.'

Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesars and unto the Lord those things which are the Lord's = 'GIMMIE THAT, IT'S MINE!!'

Transubstantiation = 'Fuxxake, how gullible can you get?'

Redemption/Forgiveness = 'You'll never, ever be good enough.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playing with words and a news story. Brian37 6 1008 April 17, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NONSENSE! Are you theistic? Edwardo Piet 2 506 January 30, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Famous last words (of Jesus) robvalue 110 15239 January 6, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  No words for this LadyForCamus 34 4816 January 2, 2016 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Did I hear the words "Kim Il-Sung" in this Nancy Ajram song? ReptilianPeon 1 855 November 12, 2015 at 6:06 am
Last Post: Reforged
  New Urban Words strawdawg 8 1861 November 29, 2014 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Losty