Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing with words and a news story.
Playing with words and a news story.
I just saw a news story about an old light house, and one local historian said, " come learn the history about WHAT WENT ON" 

I get what she was saying, but it struck me funny "What went on".

No no no no, "what went on", that is something a parent asks the police when they get a call at work about an unauthorized party their kids had home while the parent was at work.

ORGIES AT THE LIGHT HOUSE!

"What went on"..... Gee I don't know, pretty sure people worked, ate, did normal shit.
RE: Playing with words and a news story.
A lighthouse is a pretty wicked orgy location though...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

thinking about those lurid silhouettes being reflected from the clouds ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 17, 2017 at 8:30 am)vorlon13 Wrote: thinking about those lurid silhouettes being reflected from the clouds ?

That would be funny as shit. I wonder if anyone did fuck in front of the light? I could see some old tall ship in 1817 comming in, spotter has his telescope, "Captain, Mr Johnson is fucking his wife in the lighthouse again". Talk about your bat signal. Big silhouette of a dick in the clouds.  Big Grin
(April 17, 2017 at 7:11 am)Brian37 Wrote: I just saw a news story about an old light house, and one local historian said, " come learn the history about WHAT WENT ON" 

I get what she was saying, but it struck me funny "What went on".

No no no no, "what went on", that is something a parent asks the police when they get a call at work about an unauthorized party their kids had home while the parent was at work.

ORGIES AT THE LIGHT HOUSE!

"What went on"..... Gee I don't know, pretty sure people worked, ate, did normal shit.

Are you sure you're not missing a pun or something? Learning about "what went on" seems like a light bulb joke to me.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Please note your depraved vor was content to describe the silhouettes as simply "lurid" and some one ELSE needed to flesh out the mental imagery . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 17, 2017 at 1:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Please note your depraved vor was content to describe the silhouettes as simply "lurid" and some one ELSE needed to flesh out the mental imagery . . .

Tongue

Someone has to tip the boat over. Maybe someone should not have invited me to by posting "lurid". If you are going to jump off a skyscraper, do it in fashion, light yourself on fire. Don't be half ass'ed about it.  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Translating Theistic Words The Valkyrie 6 408 April 5, 2019 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My cab driver...... True story today.... Brian37 4 349 February 22, 2019 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The sun: A story of pure brightness. Edwardo Piet 3 309 December 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  True story, but guess what I was thinking... Brian37 7 900 December 4, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A Story of Fish Haipule 8 894 November 15, 2017 at 2:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  True story about local PBS programming. Brian37 1 490 January 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Spirit of St. Louis: A Short Story In Five Parts Mudhammam 1 1034 September 12, 2016 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  My conversion story Alex K 23 3054 August 28, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Gemini
  Missed it by that much..... True story.... Brian37 13 1790 May 4, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Famous last words (of Jesus) robvalue 110 15020 January 6, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer